S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my Envoy for about 2 months now, no problems. I drove about 100 miles today and as I was on my way home, sitting in Seattle traffic, my "Check Engine" light came on shortly after my "Low Fuel" light. I didn't notice a difference in the way it was running and I'm hoping it's a gas cap/vacuum issue. I tightened it and will find out tomorrow. Otherwise, O2 sensor, maybe? I have close to 120,000 miles. Not very familiar with these engines but looks like I'm starting to very soon. Could be a large number of things, I hope none catastrophic or bank busting. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
had a friend check OBD II codes. came up as P0753, Shift Solenoid A. I know its in the pan, and I've heard you have to remove the driveline. Hope this isn't as hard as its playing out in my head. I'll find out Friday.

·
No More SS
1,100 Posts
I replaced the shift solenoids on my 97 SS and it was very simple. Drop the pan (drain the fluid), pull the filter, pop out the solenoids and put everything back together. The only part that I found difficult was trying to get under the truck since it is so low. Even on ramps it was almost too low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.