S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Yeah?!?
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 S-10 std cab 2.2L and the Check engine soon light has came on. I took it to autozone and they ran the diagnostic on it and said it was the Fuel Compensation Sensor Output Low and High, P0178, P0179. Can anyone lead me in what to look for or what needs to be fixed/replaced.

Thanks,
Spikey

·
Registered
109 Posts
do you know if you have flex fuel?? to check, find the eigth digit of your vin number, if it is a 4, you don't which is a good thing. If it is a 5, you have a flex fuel. I would go to the dealership and have them check it out.

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
2.2_s10 said:
do you know if you have flex fuel?? to check, find the eigth digit of your vin number, if it is a 4, you don't which is a good thing. If it is a 5, you have a flex fuel. I would go to the dealership and have them check it out.
Thanks a shitload. I've been trying to figure that out for a while. I checked. I have 5. What's so bad about it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
nothing really. It allows you to use e85 gas, and that is pretty much all i know about it. Its extra stuff that you can't take out. Either way, its not something that any mechanic can deal with, have the dealer mess with it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
GM engineers re-designed the trucks’ fuel systems with more robust materials to accommodate ethanol. They also optimized engine systems such as air-fuel ratio control and spark advance for every blend of fuel up to 85 percent ethanol, and added a fuel composition sensor that detects the percentage of ethanol present and relays that information to the vehicle’s powertrain control module.
"E85 is a viable alternative to gasoline where it is available. It is a renewable fuel that can be produced from grain or agricultural waste, and that makes it very attractive."
Change your fuel filter and get some better gas, clear the code, see if it comes back in 300 miles.

·
Yeah?!?
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything else that I should look for or change out, Or will the Fuel Filter fix this problem and not just cover it up????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts