S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
is Under Construction!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2/3 drop right now (spindles and blocks). I want to drop one more 1" all around and I'm tryng to figure out a best way to do that. One thing is for sure, I don't want to use 4" blocks.

For the front, I'll use 1" drop coils. Do I need drop shocks? Seem like I read somewhere here that I don't

For the rear, I was thinking S10-Extream leafs, arn't they 1 1/2" lower than regular leafs. Then get S10-X shocks instead of drop shocks. Now the question is, and I haven't really seen an answer to this specific question, will the xtream leaf and shocks fit a '91 S10? So 1-1/2" from the leafs and 3" blocks would give me 4 1/2".

Can it work?

Thanks for the help...

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Instead of getting just 1'' drop shocks in the front you could get the same zq8 coil springs so that it will still sit level since you are getting the zq8 leaves.

I would get the bilstine shocks all around too. Total drop should be 3.5/4.5

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
i ran the same setup before i bagged it. zq8 leaves, 3" blocks, 2" coils, 2" spindles. it was a 4/4.5 and it had a bit of a rake to it but it sat real nice

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
ya im at 4/4.5 no shocks needed in the rear, n i didnt bother puttin shocks up front for 2"coils

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Cheapest way would be 1" coils and pull a leaf. No need to change shocks with just a 1" drop. ZQ8 coils and leafs would work too.

·
is Under Construction!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Shit, I didn't think about the ZQ8 front springs. I bet their cheaper then getting a drop coil. I live in Northen Ontario, Canada. Everything and anything from a custom shop is expensive. So I'm always looking for alternatives.

Now, your all sure this will fit a 1st gen?

Thanks guys, you probably saved me a couple 100 bucks... Sweet.

Psyko, I thought about pulling another leaf, but I still need my truck to be a truck. I already pulled the hepler leaf, don't think I want to go to a lighter spring rate than that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts