S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a $15 coupon for stylin concepts but they want $200 for all 4 belltech nitro active shocks, too pricey for me.

wheres the best place to order 4 shocks? i dont want cheap crap toxic shocks, kybs or the cheaper belltech nitro drops. its either belltech nitro actives or doestch tech shocks.

i ordered doestch tech shocks from sport truck direct before but im not willing to deal with them again.

i think godfather customs had the nitro actives for $40 a pop so $160 but they rape you on shipping.

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Finally something better for us canadians

I priced out a 3/4 kit for my s-15 and the belltech nitroactives are 50 bucks a piece no shipping CANADIAN DOLLAS woo hoo yay for me :D

unfortunately i get paid in canadian crap coins too so it works out about the same for me :mad:

meh

:shrug:

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
I need to know the cheapest price for everything. Bell tech 2" drop spindles (BEL-2100) are 150 bux at Summitracing.com i still need shocks, and 2" drop coils, preferably bell tech. Anyone know anywhere cheap?

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just got the doestch tech shocks!

$149 for all 4 shipped from summit

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
post back i'm interested on how it rides...i have nitro drops and all though they keep the truck from bottoming out they also keep you from drinking and lighting stuff to smoke or anything else that requires a half decent ride......

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CynicX said:
post back i'm interested on how it rides...i have nitro drops and all though they keep the truck from bottoming out they also keep you from drinking and lighting stuff to smoke or anything else that requires a half decent ride......
the nitro drops are crap, they actually had to redesign them a bit since the old design was so bad and shocks were actually breaking or something. however their nitroactives are actually really good stuff. ive heard people say its just a kyb shock painted in belltechs black and red, i think thats comparing to the nitrodrops cause ive had kybs on an s10 and they were crap bottomed out alot, switched to nitroactives and the ride was great and never bottomed out.

anyways i have doestch tech shocks on my 72 c-10 lowered 5/5 and the thing rides smoother than a stock s10, its amazing. never bottoms out except i have long headers that drag on everything.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i wouldnt really say they are crap they are doing what they are supposed to be doing but its way to tight for me....if lived in cali or some place where the roads are better i'd probably like them....i might leave the nitro drops on the front and put factory on the back once i saw out my bumpstops.....

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CynicX said:
i wouldnt really say they are crap they are doing what they are supposed to be doing but its way to tight for me....if lived in cali or some place where the roads are better i'd probably like them....i might leave the nitro drops on the front and put factory on the back once i saw out my bumpstops.....
well your right, theyre not complete crap. but compare them to a set of belltechs higher end shocks and youll be amazed at the difference.

only problem is the nitro actives are like $200 from summit. no thanks ill take the doestch techs for $149 instead

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
any idea of what 2 for the rear would cost?

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CynicX said:
any idea of what 2 for the rear would cost?
$50 a pop.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i want something that rides like stock now...i dont have the old shocks but what would u suggest?..those?....i have to buy them anyway so i might just buy stock shocks but i perfer something a lil nicer but that assorbs most of the bouce like the stocks did....

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CynicX said:
i want something that rides like stock now...i dont have the old shocks but what would u suggest?..those?....i have to buy them anyway so i might just buy stock shocks but i perfer something a lil nicer but that assorbs most of the bouce like the stocks did....
2/3 drop eh? are you using spindles? if so spindles dont change your ride quality and you should have never changed the shocks in the first place. if the fronts done with coils then yet you needed shocks. how bout you let me try out the doestch tech shocks (tracking number says i get them tuesday) ill have them bolted in on my truck on wednesday morning.

ill post on the board and give my 2 cents on which ride better (doestch techs or belltech nitroactives)

also if you are using 2" coils and you really want a stock ride you can switch back to stock coils and shocks and run 2" drop spindles.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well on a 2" drop w/ spindles...which i have.....the stock wheels and tires like to smash into the fender flares ... i needed something a lil stiffer to reduce the travel a little...the nitro drops in the front ride great i guess the engine weight take some of that stiffness out....but in the light rear end its just to tight for me....ya tell me what you think of those shocks i appreciate the help.......

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CynicX said:
well on a 2" drop w/ spindles...which i have.....the stock wheels and tires like to smash into the fender flares ... i needed something a lil stiffer to reduce the travel a little...the nitro drops in the front ride great i guess the engine weight take some of that stiffness out....but in the light rear end its just to tight for me....ya tell me what you think of those shocks i appreciate the help.......
oh ****, didnt notice your profile said you had an xtreme. so you actually have a 3.5" drop total.

shoulda kept your zq8 shocks whyd you get rid of them?

im not sure why your having trouble with tires hitting the flares? i know a few guys on here have bigger drops than you on their xtremes, some the exact same setup and ive never heard of them having troubles with it.

what size tire are you running up front?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i'm running 255/95/20's....hehe j/k they are the stock 235/55/16's,..alot of people on this board are having this prob...there is a few threads about it anyway...the reason i got rid of the stock shock is because the guy that did the work for me has and s-10 ss and his shocks were worn out and he told me that the new shock would work if i ever raised the truck back up whcih they will and he'd give me 20 bucks for my old ones....i thought it would be a win win situation.....didnt reason how rough the ride would be....live you learn i guess.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts