S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting into the whole airbag scene. as of now...i have an xtreme with zq8 (duh). I want to lay ground fx...and raise enuff to drive. nothing fancy but i do want f,b,s,s. I dont care how fast it is...or whether its yellow or not...hehe, ricers....So i figure i could do "bags over steel" in the back and pull a leaf. As for the rest of the setup...i dunno...whatevers the cheapest. What kinda price would i be looking at for the COMPLETE setup?

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Since this is an airbag question, I'm gunna post one of mine too. Hope you dont mind LiftedBronco :)

If I lay frame how high can I raise the truck. What I mean is, if the bags were set up to lay frame, whats the maximum height I could raise it (for winter). Anyone know?

For lifted bronco. I think air ride builds pre-fab bags for our trucks, with the Air/steel setup in the back. The front is like 500 and the rear is 900....of course it depends where you go. I also don't know if this is the cheapest way, but probably the easiest.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
AnotherSS said:
Since this is an airbag question, I'm gunna post one of mine too. Hope you dont mind LiftedBronco :)

If I lay frame how high can I raise the truck. What I mean is, if the bags were set up to lay frame, whats the maximum height I could raise it (for winter). Anyone know?

Hmm thats interesting... I wonder maybe I should bag my blaz from the height it is now and just use it for the xtra ground clearance when needed.... ah **** thats right i cant cuz of the torsion bars... oh well.. was an idea...

·
MichiganMetalWorks.com
2,531 Posts
well tell me if this is low enuf for you, and then we can go from thare, the ground effects that i have are the same specs as the xtreme ones they just look different, heres a pic.
-3/8 line
-3/8 electric valves
-10 swtiches
-9gallons of air
-3/4 horse compressor

I am a whole saler of air lift and i can get you good deals on what you want, ut just depends on the quickness level you want, like the one i have in the picture is fast is hell i can hop the back, and the front is very close to hopping.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
hey bagged10...errrr... I mean Zeropsi:p

what's the range on a bag setup?? like the ride height??
and what would it take to lay frame?

I'm considering the Easy street bolt on setup (with the 3-link) But I don't know if that would have the options I want. I'd like to lay em, with 18's, and be able to lift enough for winter.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
IF YOU CANT DRAG IT YOUR A FAGGIT LOL YAH RIGHT

SHOULD BE LIKE

IF YOU CANT DRAG RACE IT YOUR A FAGGIT LOL

Personallly get a 4 link in back thats 800

spindles in front 150

bag set up in front 495

and then the compressor and etc 600

thats the easy street

so your lookin at right there 2300 bucks for the right set up. go with a 4 link do mess with the bolt on ones. for 2300 ill have my new motor set up and running low 13s all motor and 11s with nos. id rather keep my 5 6 drop and have a fast truck

Dont forget to notch it and relocate the evap tank.

·
Wir sind allein
72 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
IF YOU CANT DRAG IT YOUR A FAGGIT LOL YAH RIGHT

Kind of like the "If it ain't blowin sparks..its parked."

Well if you are blowing sparks you are probabaly grinding down your drain plug, and won;t that be fun....

·
MichiganMetalWorks.com
2,531 Posts
ok well usualy to lay frame you need the 2" drop spindles in front and someware aroound a 2-3inch notch in the back. but you can come dam close without notching it in the rear by running the 4 link or monoleafing if with 3inch blocks, that will make the pumpkin hit the bed of your truck and thats as low as you can go without notching it, round 1-2inches off the ground in the rear and laying the crossmember in the front. the height of mine is super high at fully lifted, if it stops raining before i leave work i will go out and snap a few shots of it lifted, the front lifts higher than the rear because if the brakcet setup i have, in the front i have probably a foot of lift and my driving height looks like a truck that is lowered 3-4, the easy street setup should work for your needs you might not lay total frame, but you will be **** close, and your 18's will tuck like a champ, if you do go with the easy street setup, get the 10mm valves, they are soooooooooooo fast, super fast.

if you have any other question on anything, and i sell air lift also just let me know at [email protected], a friend and i are opening a business this month, so if you are interested i can set u up with a total kit if you want, we are authorised to sell air lift and all thier producst, as well as many other brands.

taylor

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
id rather keep my 5 6 drop and have a fast truck
yeah, but I got 2 words for ya.... Colorado and Winter... Not a good combo for a 5-6:p and since my 94 SS is my winter beater...welll....

besides I have an SS chevelle for goin fast (hey.... I have 2 SS's:)lol )

I think I might supercharge the SS too, but not right now. Supercharging is the best way to make up for the altitude here. My goal is 14's (that'd be 13's sea level) but not right now. strictly bolt ons till next summer.

and Zero, I already have the spindles, and all the stuff for a 3/4 is in the mail, but I think I might just hold out for the bags when I sell my 96, and make up my **** mind :p lol I'll definately give you a holler when I'm ready.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
that white s10 doesnt even come to laying frame. the tires are to tall with some 205 50 15 on those rims then it would..

first of all you need a notch to lay it down. (i have a notch and it does hit the bed on teh bottom but with 8 of my friends in the back and it tucks hard!!)

ive done tires on s10 that had 245 45 17 all around and bagged in front with spindles and in rear no notch and the back sat just as high as my 7 inch drop in back because he hit the frame.

he wasnt near the floor at all even in the front.

oh you can get close to laying frame without a notch. but you need to run 205 40 17 or 215 40 17 all around. then again no sidewall = bent rims.

most set ups i do at work that are bagged they run a 225 40 17 at most in front and that barly lays frame 215 or a 205 is the ideal set up. in back you need a 245 45 17 at most to lay it down with a notch. just a smaller tire is better. what id do is do what you want ie bag it then go test fit some tires at a shop. the tallest sidewall you can get and still lay frame id do that. protect the rims more. go with a 4 link forget the mono set up. 4 link is nicer and stronger

tony

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
I want to lay with 245 or 255 40/18's. Or a tire around 25.5 to 26" tall. and be able to raise to a 3/4 (or higher) for winter

Notching isn't a problem, I work in a bodyshop so I have all the tool's I'd need. I'd prefer a bolt on though, but I definately would want to lay out, I just don't know exactly what I need.

I had 215/40's on the 96 once...... and I have 3 nice dents in the 17's to prove it..... never again!!! the 235/45's ride alot better too.

so what exactly would it take to lay out...

Dropped spindles, full air front kit,
3 or 4 link in the back with maybe a 2 or 3" notch?? Will I have to cut up the bed?? and are 18's out of the question without getting a tire thats like a rubberband??

SS, what are on your 18's?? how tall are they?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts