S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now ive heard some of the bs mods on here, but are there any real good cheap mods that u can do to a 4.3 tbi?, i've heard of flipping the breather lid, works real well, are there any others?

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Tbi spacer works pretty good on the tbi's just get one cheap on ebay tho.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
00Blazer4X4 said:
What did you mean by flipping the breather lid?

With the tbi motors we have a round air cleaner with a small inlet hose and you put the lid on upside down and its able to pull alot more air in to the filter than from the little hose.

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
has anyone heard of that tornado thing ,they sell on tv and summit, for cpis and tbis. ive seen it for both but i wasnt sure if it would be any good, i was thinking putting one of those in and a spacer.

they also sell a thing wear u put a thing between the tb senors, any1 heard of that?

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea flippin the lid, i think, helps a lot, i get great gas mileage, more horses, and a cool new sound!

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do u think if since, with the lid flipped, that single tube doesnt do any good for the air cleaner any more. if u blocked it off right wear it goes into the crank shaft, forcing all the air to go in it, would that help any?

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
that tube is just a breather for the motor it didnt do anything but breathe clean air. if its what i am thinkin of.. but it has nothing to do with the crankshalft.

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, the tube that goes from the front and connects to the air cleaner, has a side tube that goes down to the crankshaft, u know what im talking about?

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
i'm not understanding this lid flipping thing. :confused:

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok tha_boom up there has already explained the thing with flipping the lid, only applys to tbis.

this tube right below the master cylinder goes into the crankshaft from the breather tube

Attachments

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it splits off right wear it bends upward, all im saying is block it off there to allow more air to go down into crankshaft, im asking would it help me any?

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
for picks of a fliped lid go to sshotrods
and click on the left flip the lid, this is also a good site for performance tips on other engines

·
Registered
279 Posts
i could be wrong, but the silver tube you may be referring to looks like a heat riser tube, so your truck can start in cold weather. My old fuel injected volvo had that, so it may be something similar. If i were you, I'd ignore that tube and just flip the lid.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
yeah thats a heat riser tube. doesnt do anything but when cold lets the motor get warm air by pulling air across the exhaust manafold.

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well that sounds right, i was just looking at my hanyes manuel and it showed air going into it in going across something then over to the pcv value and all that stuff, ill have to look at it again, i just had an idea and wanted to know if it would work, thanks way. any other cheap mods? or back yard inventions?

·
Registered
157 Posts
FLIPPING THE LID MAY PULL IN MORE AIR BUT IT'S ALL WARM AIR FROM THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT.YOU WOULD ALMOST BE BETTER OFF PUTTING A COLD AIR BOX ON IT

1 - 20 of 32 Posts