S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up eveybody??? well i was looking around on zmotives' site and came across a chassis tech drop kit ( 3" coils and 4" blocks) for my blazer X and its really cheap, only $75.00. Well I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about there products or should i just go with belltech??
:confused: THANKS!

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
chasis tech makes good products. i have there 2" spindles and 3" coils on the front of my 86 jimmy (had custom leaves made for rear) and i have the 2" spindles and 3" blocks on my 94 toyota pick up and have not had a problem with them.

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
I've been running chassis tech stuff for a couple years now...no problems yet. Zmotive (autobahn) will rape you on shipping. And they sent me the wrong springs. The chances that they will get your order right the first time are slim to none. So by the time you get it, ship it back , pay the re-stocking fees, and pay to have the new one shipped, you could have gotten a beltech, djm or groundforce kit for the same price w/o the trouble.

just my .02

·
Registered
47 Posts
The same as L(AIM) - 35% restocking fee, high shipping costs and a co-worker received a kit with missing parts. They billed his card for additional shipping, but sent the stuff after 2 months and numerous, non-toll free phone calls.
Just look in the sport truck mags - you'll see more DJM, Belltech and Western stuff installed in the tech sections than any AIM/Chassis Tech stuff. Just my $0.02.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I have chassis tech springs in the front of my X...I don't know where they came from, a friend bought them for me...but I like mine. I haven't had any problems with them and the truck sits level and handles great...JUST MY $.02!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
i love the company bashin threads!!!!!

AIM is such trash...i got missing parts and loooong shipping times
Autobahn wholesale...little ****ers will rape you where they can.

Whats the price difference between the chassis tech and belltech...if its not a lot, screw chassis tech and get belltech.

I was able to buy my belltech 3/3 drop from Jegs and shipped for under $120-FYI

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
RawRedX said:
i love the company bashin threads!!!!!

AIM is such trash...i got missing parts and loooong shipping times
Autobahn wholesale...little ****ers will rape you where they can.

Whats the price difference between the chassis tech and belltech...if its not a lot, screw chassis tech and get belltech.

I was able to buy my belltech 3/3 drop from Jegs and shipped for under $120-FYI
whoa? you got a 3/3 belltech for under $120... im about to spend $120, but i need a 2/3, what is jegs? if that a MO company or a website?

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
drop spindles

now when i order these, are drop spindles hard to install, i have now prior experience with thes things but i am mechanically inclined, so i suppose it would be a challenge to do or is it a piece of cake, should i get someone to do it for me? hm... help me out

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
CHASSIS TECH SUCKS

dont get chassis tech stuff or aim or any suspension stuff from them, i dont know about there other stuff but i have had personal experience with there spindles they dont fit well they fit but just berley i had to grind them to fit. just but some belltechs from summit or jegs it will end up to be about the same as chassis tech. and you will like them better. just my two cents

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Chassis Tech

I got a 4/5 kit from AIM/Chassis Tech/Ricky Racer/AirBagit.com all the same company, I had that kit on my truck for almost 3 years and now the kit is on my friends truck after I lifted my truck and we both had no problems at all, it gave my truck a smooth ride and it was a great price. I paid $300 for shipping and 2" coils, 2" spindles, 3" drop leaf and 2" block. Chassis tech products are not bad at all, but their customer service sucks.
Chad
Chassis Tech site is www.truckn.com

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Re: CHASSIS TECH SUCKS

Altophobic said:
dont get chassis tech stuff or aim or any suspension stuff from them, i dont know about there other stuff but i have had personal experience with there spindles they dont fit well they fit but just berley i had to grind them to fit. just but some belltechs from summit or jegs it will end up to be about the same as chassis tech. and you will like them better. just my two cents
so you think belltechs are the way to go?

·
Registered
893 Posts
yes go with belltech.

btw the 3/3 i got was springs and blocks-the spindles will cost more, obviously. and this is why so many threads are about springs vs spindles.....lol:thumbup:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
RawRedX said:
yes go with belltech.

btw the 3/3 i got was springs and blocks-the spindles will cost more, obviously. and this is why so many threads are about springs vs spindles.....lol:thumbup:
yeah i was considering springs but i'd have to go with 2/3 or 3/4 because my truck is ass high, and i have to lower it.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
yah i say go with belltech, they are a reputable company and they have alot more quality regulations compared to shAIM i gonna bag my truck soon so ill have some 3" blocks and 1" eibach springs for sale in about a couple of weeks.....if your interested? the coils drop a little more than an inch

lates
scott

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Altophobic said:
yah i say go with belltech, they are a reputable company and they have alot more quality regulations compared to shAIM i gonna bag my truck soon so ill have some 3" blocks and 1" eibach springs for sale in about a couple of weeks.....if your interested? the coils drop a little more than an inch

lates
scott
yeah definatley, would they work on 1st gens? i know the blocks will, i dont know about the springs though

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Altophobic said:
sorry bro, i talked to one of my good friends and he wants them soo i cant sell them to you....

i feel like an ass-sorry about that
but yes the springs will fit

if it falls through then ill let you know

sorry about that
scott

nah scott, its cool, if it does fall through let me know, but ill just look somewhere else i don't need anything fancy just something to lower it. thanks tho

1 - 19 of 19 Posts