S-10 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 811 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Is this going to be body dropped? If you have any more info on the upper and lower control arm work/pics that would be sweet to see.
no.. no body drop, but laying a 27" wheel. Tell me what you would like to see and i could tell you what i have. ;)

where did u get the spikes?
look on the first page

looks great man, cant wait to see ya tuckin 20s
Thanks mang

Ill probably get the calipers today.. and possibly that shock stud.. If i mount them ill have pics later on if you guys want to see.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
wow... im impressed! That looks beautiful! :tup:

Hey how'd the upper frame bumpstop thing work out for ya? Does the bag still have enough travel to lock the suspension out on the now lowered stops?

·
Gone but not forgotten
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
98layinframe said:
wow... im impressed! That looks beautiful! :tup:

Hey how'd the upper frame bumpstop thing work out for ya? Does the bag still have enough travel to lock the suspension out on the now lowered stops?
At full lock the arm just barely kisses the stop.. its not enough to hold it up, and enough to give the wheels negative camber ;)

I forgot to add that i also cut out the little dip on the top of the control arm and plated over it as well.

looks good!....did u brush or spray the por15 on?
after brushing the entire thing , im a major advocate of spraying that shit!!!! haha

If you are going to brush the entire frame do these things...

pick a cool night, humidity and heat make that stuff set up in the bowl your brushing out of, making it super thick, which makes the way it lays down look not so good. Plus you dont get nearly as much out of it as you normally do

Buy good brushes.. Its so sticky it will pull the bristles out of a cheapy.

Buy all the junk they tell you to and do all the surface prep. It makes the difference.

Make sure you have alot of free time.. it takes awhile to do the base coats and top coats.. lol

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
BIGGERISBETTER said:
At full lock the arm just barely kisses the stop.. its not enough to hold it up, and enough to give the wheels negative camber ;)

I forgot to add that i also cut out the little dip on the top of the control arm and plated over it as well.
did you offset the bags at all? And what size you running up there, I assume a 2b7? I have a few questions to ask ya about how everything worked so i can send ya a pm as to not whore up the thread.:cool:

·
Gone but not forgotten
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
98layinframe said:
did you offset the bags at all? And what size you running up there, I assume a 2b7? I have a few questions to ask ya about how everything worked so i can send ya a pm as to not whore up the thread.:cool:
I didnt offset the bag because i ran into the problem of it hitting the spring pocket but did try. Im using 2600 conti's, and I know that Jason always said to offset conti's.. so i was surprised to find i ran out of room to be safe. Really tho.. the bag doesnt sit overly awkward at any point... You might have to school me some on this. :p

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey what's up? Just wanting to pie cut my uppers and really have not seen it done before. I know the lowers will be modded as well so any pics or info you could share on those mods I would really appreciate t. Your frame loks sweet too by the way. I hope my will get to that stage someday.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
BIGGERISBETTER said:
Thanks alot mo-fukka ;)

This pic of the front end is a little better... the lighting sucked in the other

Such a pretty frame, you gonna do anything with the motor. My motor would disgrace mine. Starting this weekend on pulling it apart and paint it.

41 - 60 of 811 Posts