S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bash: I was wondering if anyone knew where to access the fluid levels for the transmission (to check them) and what the procedure for changing it would be. Thanks all

·
Registered
217 Posts
the tranny u have is the new-venture trans it takes a fluid called synchromesh which is about 40 bucks a quart at the dealership which i think is the only place to get this stuff....your check and fill plug should be on the passenger side of the tranny along with the drain plug but without physically looking at the tranny i cant remember which plug is your check and fill .... i know the drain plug is towards the bottom and to the back end of the tranny should be a big 17-19mm head on the bolt...the check and fill i think has the same size bolt but its been a while since ive done one i cant remember

figure about 2 1/2 quarts in the tranny for fluid levels

·
Registered
217 Posts
oh i almost forgot ....u should be changing your fluid about once a year or every 15000 along with your rear end diff fluid

if your racing or going off roading you should be doing this every 7000 miles to your tranny or rear diff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts