S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.......im getting ready to change my wires and plugs and i would just like to see what everyone has to say. I got a 94 s10 4.3 v6. I was wondering how long it took and if it was hard. Also what tools you all used. If you can give me any hints or info that would be great

peace

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Have fun with plug number 3 wich is middle driverside and most of the time the hardest one. Try thru the wheelwell with a swivle on your ratchet.

·
Resident Know-it-all
242 Posts
Hi S10er94:

I just did mine. None of the plugs on my '96 could be accessed without at least removing the air intake, and most required more, so I went in through the wheel wells. For #3, (driver side middle)you will almost certainly need a wobble extension because the steering shaft crosses right in front of the end of the plug with only a little to spare. There isn't enough room for a u-joint extension and isn't room to swing a wrench on the end of the socket, either. You will probably need to remove the driver side front wheel to get #3 changed, but I did the passenger side plugs without removing the front wheel on that side. Be careful bending the fender liner because it can break pretty easily (mine did).

Regards,
John.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts