S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Got Mud???
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone do for the engine compartment when they change the color of their truck? I don't mind doin the doorjambs and such, but under the hood would be a pain in the butt. I'm thinkin about changing to a neon orange or the burnt orange but I don't know if I could live with blue under the hood. Maybe some blue flames wouldn't look too bad and then it wouldn't be so bad?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i work at a body shop and when people don't want to pay to paint that, we just spray it black the best way that we can, pulling only minor things off

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
If your not going to do it right dont do it. I made the mistake when I painted mine and I hated it till the day I sold it...

·
Got Mud???
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't stand not doing the door jambs, but I could live without painting the firewall and inner fenders

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
mayerichm said:
I couldn't stand not doing the door jambs, but I could live without painting the firewall and inner fenders
If your gonna color change it and not do anything about the fender wells that will look like crap. If your gonna do it, at least do everything but the firewall. Or just black it out. But don't leave the jambs or the fenders. It would suck.

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
fenders are soo easy to take off - might as well spray those same time you spray the jambs and the bottom side of the hood. And while you have the hood off - atleast pour15 the firewall - or SOMETHING.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
yeah my friend got a cheap ass silver paint job on his formerly tan corolla and didnt do jambs or under hood or nothing... :gay:

ive thought about maybe changing from black to blue, gunmetalish gray, or that darker red s-10s come in bc im kidna sick of black already (bitch and a half to clean)...how much does it run to get a complete color change anyways?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts