S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im a poor white person here... What else is new right? Ok well I have 2 Sony Xplod 12's from Wal-mart. Yes see I told you I was poor. $75 a sub :D Anywho I have an old school Profile California 3600. ITs a 3 channel 600 watt amp... I have no clue on the wattage it puts out to the 2 channels and the mono channel. I have the 2 xplods bridged, 4 ohm subs, in 2 sealed truck boxes. Ok now down to the question... I am a fan of the Kicker L7's. I have to be a fan, the guy who originated all of this subwoofer industry started it 20 miles from me and sold his idea of an "ass kicker" to Stillwater Designs... anyway should I dump these subs and get one 10 or 12 inch solo-baric and make one big ported box? I am suprised and so are a few of my friends on how the Xplods sound but damn, 1 JL 10W0 whooped my ass with a ported box in his S-Dime... Made me feel what real bass is like. What do you guys think? Sorry to ramble on

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
yeah, you should do that, but i dont know how well a ported box in a standard cab would work...they usually have to be decently big. Mine's a 5ft^3 box.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but Ill be running one L7.... That should work right?

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now I have 2 sealed boxes in there now... the bottom comes out to be 7 1/2 inches... Id like to have more room though.. maybe 2 clicks back but probably not possible

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
i am putting 1 12'' L7 in my reg cab... found out how to squeeze in a 3.5^3 ported without loss of seat space :p (considering it takes up the whole back portion)... it gonna be ported and if i need more i will just use poly fill, i suggest getting a better amp, the L7 is about 750 rms and that 600 isnt gonna be anywhere near its rms requirements....

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the demensions of your box with the port size if I may ask? That would be some serious help. Yeah I know the amp wont push it too its full potential but its all I have... Thats why im thinking about selling my 2 xplods with the boxes for one of these bad L7's.

Anyone know the actual output rating of my California Profile 3600? I cant find it anywhere... Tried ebay and yahoo

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah here is an older picture of it in my truck... Excuse the terrible setup... Its all fixed now

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SMNW2003 said:
WOW that is old school, any idea what year you got it?
Yeah I knew that was coming, Told ya it was old school... I actualy got it from a friend... He gave it to me after lending it to me for a while. :confused:

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
topdepth= 3''
bottomdepth= 6''
hieght= 24.5'' (comes up right under the window)
width=56.5 (goes into the pocket of the cab)

all in all if i did it right..... ((td+bd)/2xWxH)/1728
grand total of 3.60^3 (doesnt include driver displacment :( )

EDIT: forgot to say that its fiberglass not mdf (saves the air
displacment of the wood)

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright thinks for the demensions. What are you tuning yours?

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
i think i want to put it at 33 or 35 ... not sure yet. sorry i need to find out the port length, havent done that yet all i knw is that i am going with a slotted port

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whats the pros and cons of slotted, vented and ported?

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 18 of 18 Posts