S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the accessories on a '95 tbi the same as those on a '99 engine? I need to know about power steering pump and waterpump especially. thanks

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
id guess they were, but not totally sure. a new waterpump (NEW, not remanufactured) is only $25 at NAPA, if they dont match.

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
I would say, no.
TBI is the old 4.3L engine style, while a 99 would be two generations ahead of that engine.
Probably different IMO

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
but the block is the same.

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
That would be about it, but different generations have different heads and components.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the alternator and starter from the new engine, but the waterpump looks like it will fit, and I think I can bolt my '95 ps pump onto the '99 engine. Am I right about this?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan on using the waterpump and ps pump off my current engine when I swap the vortec in, save me a few bucks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
got the newer style engine sitting around? if so, unbolt the accessories and if the heads and block have the same bolt holes..... your 92 aluminum accesorry bracket will bolt up to the newer motor..... use ALL your old accessories and save any head aches.

if your trying to use the new brackets, you might be asking for trouble, although i might be wrong

chances are if they changed things, they will be easily noticable changes

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
unless waterflow was changed.... but if it was, prob not significantly.

to be sure, ask autozone for the old VS new part numbers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts