S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
got SFA?
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone i need some help. i am wanting to get the headunit mounting bracket that centers/flush mounts the h/u in the dash opening. now the truck is an 02 that had an RDS, so its DIN and 1/2. right now i have a pocket style mount and i really dont like it anymore. i PM'ed a few people and they said go here, here and here. well i went to circut city, best buy, american, autozone and ultimate electronics and EVERYONE has a pocket mount or the one they do list is too small to cover the whole opening. So where did you get yours? did you even say it was for an s10? cause i had heard that most GM radios have the same mounting brackets in the dash but i cant find this freakin thing for the life of me.

·
got SFA?
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
an idea strikes...

the dash opening for the 1.5 din and double din would appear to be fairly minimal in terms of top and bottom size gaps. so in theory to me that would mean the mounting locations for the stereo are going to be in the same place on the supports in the dash board. what about if i get a center mount kit, install it into the doubel din opening? are the mounting holes going to match up?? i figure if i can get the h/u remotely centered and flush i can then take a piece of plastic, cut it to fit the dash opening, attach it to the install bracket and then pop it all on there, thus covering the gaps and doing what i want to do! lemme know what you think or if ive fallen off the deep end

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
no, the holes are not the same. The reason I know this is because those people who have 1.5 din and want to put a 2 din radio in their trucks, have to first get a dash bezel with a 2 din opening, get the 2 din kit, and fabricate brackets for it. Therefore, the opposite would be true as well.

·
blahh
1,392 Posts
din is a size reference for Head units

the DD has a mounting point in the middle on one side and then like 2 on the other side where as the D.5 has 1 mounting point on each side

·
got SFA?
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah since we have figured mine is double din, the left side has two mounting holes, the right has one, and the right side mount would also appear to be recessed in the support.

i do have a solution though, i was able to alter the bracket i have now to get the h/u to sit flush in the dash. its close to the back but it works. and it looks SOO much better now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts