S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and this celica gt kicked it about 50 or so..i pulled and he never caught up...at the same time theres was this early 90's blazer who got smoked as well. then at the next light a 97 4.3 s-10....hated to do it but he had ricer burner muffler. and today it was raining and i smoked a new civic with exhaust....twice. i was suprised how well i hooked up, with standing water on the road and all

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
celica gt are no prob for me at all, actually very slow.....but then my buddy got a celica gt-s and me figuring that it couldnt be to much faster then the gt i raced him......needless to say the gt-s has to be 3 seconds faster in the 1/4 so i was no compatition

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Unless there is some sort of Super celica runnin around, the only difference between them and a gt is 20 horse and 18 pounds of torque. If you forget about the gay racer appearance package. Really not enough to make that big a difference from a GT...Just some info...

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well it ran 14.6 in the quarter mile and i know a gt couldnt do that......

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
According to your site that you posted a 2001 GTS ran a 15.5 @ 92 MPH. Freind must have some work done to it...A full second difference doesnt seem right...But in the end who cares Its a pretty bowl of rice.....:evilg: lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
A GT is poop, my mom has one, and you can't even chirp the tires slamming on the gas.

The GTS's are pretty tight, they are a little bit faster and are stick shift with different gears which makes them faster

My truck runs 15.9 with a 2.5 60' (no traction) But I can smoke a 15.5 sec. GTS

My truck must run low 15's... woohoo, then with 100hp NOS I should be mid 14's

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
the gts has vvtl-i which is Variable Valve Timing with Lift and intelligence giving it 180 horse power with a 6 speed......its a very high strung engine....gt dont have vvtl-i......gt is 140 hp

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Your right. The GT only has vvti and does only make 140 horsepower. But it is only 5 lb's less on torque at a more usable RPM. Who wants 130 lbs of torque at nearly 7000 RPM. Yeah, thats were I spend most of my day drivin lol. An automatic GTS is also about 200 pounds heavier and if you factor in that action package of theirs your talkin about almost 450 lbs heavier. But in the end it means one thing. Wind it to the moon and hope it holds together long enough to stay with the guy in his s-10. :)

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
true true....all i'm saying is a stock v6 s-10 is no match for the stock gt-s....taking into consideration that the drivers are at the same experience lvl....the gt-s is very high strung and not much you can really do to it....well until recently anyway now they make superchargers and turbos for them and well n/m if your really looking to go fast buy a car....trucks werent designed for speed...you can make em fast but they were never truely designed to be a street racing vehicles.....

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Ummmmmmm OK:confused: I geuss the Ford Lightening wasn't designed to go fast. Or are you just talking about our trucks? BMW SUV w the 4.2 Litre eight at 5.9 0-60. No argument that dollar for dollar and car will probably be faster. But to say if you want to go fast is just way to much of a blanket statement.....Tell that to 98ss0nnos. Think he may feel different lol...

P.S. I'll put money down that a stock shortbed extreme with 4.3, 3:73's and a 5 speed can beat a GTS......

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
lightning are fast but as i said arent for street racing me and my buddy beat a lightning in his impreza 2.5 rs simply because the lightning was maxed out around 115....off the line it destroyed the impreza but at 120 mph the lightning is a top heavy death trap.....i dunno much about bmw's....a stock gt-s in any mag is a 14 sec car and i know a stock s-10 isnt in the 14's and least mine isnt...all i was saying is trucks werent designed to be fast....the are the complete opposite from areodynamic they are geared for pulling the weight distribution is in all the wrong places...i'm not saying they arent fast....i beat plenty of people in my truck cuz its pretty quick....just not a celica gt-s:)

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Lightening speed limited by the factory otherwise over 300 horse and the impreza would be hoping for a miracle. They're not made for street racing? what do you call what your freind and you were doing besides gettin destroyed. Always thought street racin was light to light or a quarter mile stretch...not a run up to 130 mph !! lol and as far as the celica goes.......You know where my money is......:thumbup: See what I start sometimes lol

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
how long does it take to get to 130?....10 15 seconds? maybe 20......a street race is longer then that...at least around here it is.....what happens here (baltimore area) you'll play someone tokyo racer style.....flash were light from behind and if the person wants to race he or she will usually slow down and let you pace for a second then you take off if you can stay in the lead you put or four ways on and declair yourself the winner....well the lightning was in the lead for about 5 seconds got stuck behind other traffic and when he got back behind us he couldnt pace us doing over 110-115.....at the track he would of killed the impreza....not in a moving street race though....regardless on the street a lightning supercharged 5.4 i believe was beat by a 2.5 4 banger foreign toy.....and i'm really not trying to argue but all i said and i quote..."you can make em fast but they were never truely designed to be a street racing vehicles" which i belive to be true....i seriously doubt when the big ford engineers are designing a truck they say "ok well it can haul 25000 LBS ...now all we have to do is get it in the 12's at the track" :twak:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
You say you race tokyo style. Um ok. Around here a street race is like a drag race only it's from a light to light or a known quarter mile length. Anything that takes 20 - 30 seconds to get to 130 should be parked.Last comment and I wish someone would back me up on this. The dude was A: not stupid enough to risk his truck or someone else just to embarrass an impreza. B: Just messin with ya. It's 2002. There are Sport trucks and there are trucks. A Lightening was never meant to tow 25000 Lbs as you put it. I geuss it didn't earn the title Worlds Fastest Pickup?:wtf: Don't compare apples to oranges. It's obvious your a ricer at heart so stay with what ya like. I have a relative that has a 2001 Lightening, anytime your freinds in the area let me know. Would love to make him $500 Dollars lighter. :evilg: This will conclude our programming for the day.....Thank you and Good Night :booty:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
heheh ok dude i wasnt trying to argue i was wrong ok.....s-10 are the fastest made production vehicle....they were strictly designed for racing....but i say almost the fastest.....the lightning is the fastest....there is nothing in the world faster....its known that a lightning at top speed makes time stand still....all cars are slow...sometimes when i'm bored i'll get on the nascar track and run circles around them since my trucks 4.3 is unbeatable by anything ever created.....i heard a rumor that god actually created s-10's thats why they're is no vehicle in the world that can beat them at anything besides lightnings....it reminds me of the one time i pulled up at a light and a ferrari was sitting there of course i had a load of bricks but i was like "its only a car and i'm a rice boy in the fastest vehicle ever made so hes no match" i blew his doors off needless to say....literally his doors came off the car....come to find out he forgot he was in his ferrari and how slow it was.....back the the sub i never said 30 seconds....and A: doesnt wanna risk his truck? then why buy it if your scared of it.. B: he was just messing with us and he fooled us good to huh? lol....p.s. since then that impreza has had some upgrades like 14 lbs turbo and trans and nos.....with proper tires runs 12.4 in cecil cty drag way.....also i'm talking about street racing ....we have DRAG racing around here too....just illegal drag isnt as popular....some people are so hard headed.....:bash: lol

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
all this fighting because a celica is faster then a s-10.....but its so much fun to argue so keep going with this.....:)

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
how long does it take to get to 130?....10 15 seconds? maybe 20 and I quote from above. Ok so maybe you didnt say 30 seconds. By the way, you missed your calling. Should have been an author. Either that or a professional **** slinger. LOL. Lets see. Not wanting to risk his truck. Whats wrong with that? If I spend 36K on a vehicle im not going to take a chance in traffic to embarrass some little steroid fed 4 cylinder who I know I can easily destroy. Its called being mature...You guys should try it sometimes..;) Lets see, he spends what, lets say about $1500 dollars for his mods?. To run 12.4's with a motor that is now like a rubber band stretched across Pamela Andersons original Nipples.. Thats Tight lol. Has to worry about runnin a turbo timer soon because that heat is gonna kill that turbo in a hurry. He's runnin 12's becuase he has the benefit of awd. SVT has a test Lightening with a 10 lb pulley, Aftermarket headers, reprogrammed Fuel map and a set of 4:10's that ripped off an 11.98. Can you say 463 Horsepower!! Your freind cant. And wont, at least not with that motor and remain anywhere near streetable. Oh and one more thing. Never said that any S-10 was the fastest truck in the world. Most people think theres is but thats were this thing called reality sets in.....Just like your freind needed a dose of when he thought the guy couldnt "PACE" him. Just found out that our union, and my promotion means that I should be sporting a procharger in about 6 months. Let me know where, and well do a little "TOKYO" Style racin as you say, Would love to wok the snot out of him lol. Your serve... :)

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Cant ya just feel the love man.....It's Beautiful!!!! lol

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
hehehe....okey dokey the reason the truck couldnt pace us is because its a truck i'm sure you've had your truck up to the fuel cut off if you havent removed it.....its not the most stable feeling in the world.....it wasnt designed for those speeds repeat IT WAS NOT DESIGNED TO DO THAT SH!T.... the lightning, now its hard to tell but it looked like it was dropping back due to the fuel cut off designed by ford because they know the f150 WASNT DESIGNED TO GO THAT FAST! where the impreza apparently subaru doesnt care or knows that it can go that fast stable like...:) hmmm what else...oh ya....i'm not a mechanic...or i would have told u the internal crap my buddy did to the impreza which he did do alot of....now it red lines at 6500 so its not like the gt-s and barely holding together....

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i saw you the other day and you got beat by this so i dont want to hear anything more out of you.....

MAD HOOKED UP CAR!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.