S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to these forums. I have a 96 s10 with the 4.3vortec. I have had a few check engine lights here and there but the truck has never givin' me any significant problems.

I have a cel atm but it's something that hasn't givin' me any trouble. The trouble i have isn't a real problem just an annoyance. When i'm driving i can accellerate fine. But when i cruise at an idle speed for a short-long period of time the truck acts as if it's throttle sleeve is opening and closing quickly. It'll lose throttle then regain.

I checked to see if the tb was dirty or sticking or lose or anything. It's fine infact for 175k miles it's fantastic. I droped it off at a mechanic shop. A local cheap friend of mine. After a while he told me he can't find it and to take it to a dealer. I was wondering if it was maybe a throttle position sensor, if not if anyone has any advice that might help.

Any suggestions at all would be great. Thanks in advance.

-Eric

·
91 S-10 Pickup 4x4
1,082 Posts
We can't help you unless you give us the actual code the computer is throwing. Go to a Autozone or Advance and they will hook up a scanner for free and tell you whats wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts