S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 sonoma with the 4.3. It sat in my yard 6 months because of the transmission. I get her all back together and now the CEL is on. I try to check the code by jumping AB together like the book says and it doesn't flash it just stays solid. I though about removing the battery cable and did it for 30 min but as soon as I start it the CEL is on. Then I though maybe it wasn't holding the code in memory so I used a memory saver and same old stuff different day. Engine lopes real bad and sometimes stalls. Still has all the power in the world but don't know what to fix. I have tuned it up same old problem. HELP!!!!

·
2,679 Posts
Sound like the computer isn't seeing the leads being shorted.
Try rebending a new paper clip???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the little metal thing autozone gives you. I turn the key off, inserted the metal thing, and turn the key on and the light just stays solid. I don't know what to do with this thing!!!

·
2,679 Posts
Are you sure that you are on the top 2 left terminals?
Try jiggling the clip.
The connector harness may also have an issue.
Good luck.

Also; check your fuses.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put it in AB terminals top right hand corner. I have tried jiggling it. I may have to trace down the test wires. Maybe a mouse ate a wire!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I removed the ECM and it is "Remanufactured Original Equipment"!! So my ecu has been replaced. I removed the MEMCAL cover and the chip was loose. I went ahead and took the ECM apart and installed my hypertech chip. Started it up and it still lopes like an SOB but no CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!!!!! Not real sure what the problem was other than the chip wasn't pressed all the way in. If I have any more problems with the CEL I will let you guys know!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts