S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok am installing my eclipse flip-out today. It is about 3 years old(model #AV8022) and somehow over the years the remote wire was ripped out of the wirring harrnes. so i am trying to work around not have it. so as a temporay fix i ran a jummper wire from the positive terminal on the amp to the remote terminal on the amp. Of course it turns the amp on and I was jamming.

Well when I turn on the truck and give it some gas, the music cuts out. Everything is on..amp, deck,ect..., but there is no audio. Once the truck goes back to idile the audio will come back on. I checked the wiring and what not and everything seems to be hooked up ok. I pluged in my other eclipse cd player and power the amps the same way as above, and it works fine! so that makes me think it may be the deck itself. i dunno

i dunno what the fu*k is up. could some one help me out. am sure someone out there as the answer. thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude you have something wrong somewhere wiring wise. What truck? Run you amps remote wire off of the ingnition switched wire in the radio harness btw
the truck is a 99 s10

I thought it was wiring to but i only have 3 wires from the flip out brain to the factory wiring harrnes(ground, battery, switched) and thoes wires are fine.

I ran the remote to the ignition wire...same thing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts