S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys my boy is getting a 93 caviler stock 89,000 miles on it and he talkin shit about he can beat my 94 s10 ss i got in k&n intake who do y ou think would win in a race???

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
it would be pretty close...the 3.1 cavis are pretty quick.

·
Official Canadian Asshole
878 Posts
my bro has a 94 sunbird...he doesnt take care of it therefor hes had to do a bunch of engine repairs, but it is a pretty fast car...barry the speedo without a problem...but it doesnt go very high...so im not sure how fast it can go

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
WOW, cant believe someone would think a Cavalier would beat just about any S10 with a 4.3. I'll put my money on the SS.

·
278 Posts
it would be close. i have a 93 Z24 5speed, and its been awhile since i drove it cause its all apart and stuff, but i think it felt alittle faster than my s10 which is a 2000 4.3 5speed. the 4.3 has a good bit more hp and tq over the 3.1, but the truck is also a little heavier.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
97S10SS said:
WOW, cant believe someone would think a Cavalier would beat just about any S10 with a 4.3. I'll put my money on the SS.
:stupid:

Cavaliers are slow as hell. Z24s are quicker but still no big deal. They didn't even make them back in 93 did they?

·
Reseach and Devolopment
1,463 Posts
is the cavi a manual? my girl had a 90 z24, v6, manual. it was pretty fast pulled real good. but i think youll win with the SS.

·
2daXtreme
232 Posts
it will be close. Really depends on the driver. i have a 92 cavi 3.1 rs and ive run a few 4.3's. Sometimes i win sometimes its about dead even sometimes i lose. Is cpi the older 4.3 with the 160hp? If so you are most likely going to lose. IM talking about new vortec 4.3's that i ran.

·
2daXtreme
232 Posts
do you know what you run? a 3.1l 5 speed is capable of hitting low 16's high 15's stock.

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
2 of my best friends have a 92 Z24 with a 3.1 and a 2001 S-10 with a 4.3. They are both autos and are damn even in almost every race, until the S hits the governor at 98. All I have to say is drive good and good luck, then let us know.

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
my x g/f had a 98ish z24..it was fairly quick..we raced several times....but because of the off the line speed and torque that 4.3 s10's have i had too much of a jump on her before her car could even try to get up to speed..the race was over before it started basically.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts