S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with the part number for a universal California compliance. Direct fit. Im getting one but driving pretty far to puck up and really want to make sure it is right. Im original owner truck has 253k but love it.

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
307 Posts
There will be a small one ahead of the regular size one if your truck is not equipped with a EGR valve. Without knowing the brand there is no way to know the part number.

·
time to get cereal
2,277 Posts
I don't think you can get something both universal and direct fit. It's either/or.

·
Been there Done it
7,113 Posts
And I don't think anything can be universal and CARB compliant.
Look at this to see which are CARB compliant and applicable to your truck (2 or 4wd).
2wd is WALKER 82675 but note you also need some gaskets listed in the description on Rockauto
brings your total with shipping into the $450 range + tax.
Just out of curiosity I looked on Autozones website. They get $170 more for the same part.

·
JTC97SONOMA
17 Posts
Can anyone help me with the part number for a universal California compliance. Direct fit. Im getting one but driving pretty far to puck up and really want to make sure it is right. Im original owner truck has 253k but love it.
I LIKE
I LIKE THE MAGNAFLOW DIRECT FIT CAT ON MY 1997 GMC SONOMA 4.3L BUT NOT SURE IF CALIFORNIA LEGAL? JTC1133

1 - 11 of 11 Posts