S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a cat back exhaust system for my 1998 zr2 sonoma it's got a 4.3 in it. I'd like a dual exit exhaust but can't find any for a 4x4 with the 4.3. Do any of you guys have an aftermarket exhaust system on your 4.3l zr2 Sonoma/ S10?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,546 Posts
Best bet is to check eBay.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Magnaflow has been my go to for the last 12 years. All of my z28s and TAs have had Flowmasters and now it's so nice to have a chill rumble.

·
Been there Done it
11,896 Posts
On most S10 4.3's the biggest improvement will be a better Y-pipe. The original is small diameter tubing that's poorly bent and is flattened even smaller in some areas. Combined with a free flowing cat and muffler there'll be a noticeable improvement.
Besides the muffler there isn't much to a cat back system for a 98 ZR2. Tailpipe? Price???
Summit has some good reasonably priced stainless performance mufflers:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im looking into a complete new exhaust system headers,y pipe, cat and cat back dual exhaust, hopefully this will improve the sound significantly. Magnaflow eh, any certain series that sounds good with the 4.3??

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I installed a relatively cheap Dynomax cat back on my 87 2wd with a factory gm 3.4, it free up a few hp and has a nice mellow no drone tone.

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
562 Posts
Just pick your favorite muffler and have your local custom exhaust shop bend up some pipes where you want them to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts