S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a V8 350 soaped 1994 S10 and want to find a set of cast iron manifolds that will fit into this chassis. My Question is....
Is there a combination of cast manifolds that will fit with minimal modifications to the manifolds or steering shaft? It has a set of headman headers on it now and they leak at the collector and they also are extremely close to the steering shaft. I would like to find a good cast set of manifolds to fit.

·
Been there Done it
8,191 Posts
I believe the only ones commonly know to fit are early third gen Camaro with the 305 TBI. Sorry IDR the part number. You should be able to find it with some searching.

The upper exhaust manifold is from an L03 TBI ’82-’92 V-8 Camaro and is the one to use to make the swap easy. The bottom manifold is from a high-performance L69 5-liter TPI Camaro but won’t clear the frame rail on an S-truck.
2" outlet manifolds with single 2 1/4" y-pipe
82-87 305 LG4 (VIN H)
88-92 305 L03 (VIN E)

·
Hardhead
869 Posts
You want the low performance ones, they fit around the steering shaft well also, I tried them on my ZR2 so my swap is different than yours. They are available on a multitude of engines also. There will be a difference in the mounting holes if you're using vortec heads so consider that as well.

·
Been there Done it
8,191 Posts
There are adapter plates available cheap to convert to the different bolt location on that rear bolt cheap. You will need to use 2 exhaust gaskets. One on either side of the plate.
Unfortunately they appear to be out of them currently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Monte Carlo manifolds will work also. But with any of them the driver side is the one to watch it depends on how you have the motor set to weather you have the clearance at the exhaust and top a frame.l had headers on my 87 and changed it to manifolds and that was where I had problems I had to put my motor back to firewall as close as I could get it. But I went the cheap way on putting my motor in I made my chassis brackets and used 65 Chevy truck motor mounts and set my motor as low as I could.when I got the truck it had the cheap conversion kit on it and the motor set high in front and was knocking the front bearings out.so I set it down and changed to manifolds and put regular fans on it.

·
Been there Done it
8,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Nice to hear from someone who has been to trial and error school. Best way to learn.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just purchased a V8 350 soaped 1994 S10 and want to find a set of cast iron manifolds that will fit into this chassis. My Question is....
Is there a combination of cast manifolds that will fit with minimal modifications to the manifolds or steering shaft? It has a set of headman headers on it now and they leak at the collector and they also are extremely close to the steering shaft. I would like to find a good cast set of manifolds to fit.
I have last model Caprice exhaust manifold's on my 350 93 S15 . They dump in the rear and are almost just a tube . Just plug the air injection port and o2 sensor port .

·
Hardhead
869 Posts
Some of the late model Caprices used the same manifolds as the third gen low performance Camaros. They will look like the ones in the picture also. The mid 90s Caprice with the LT1 engine and the baby LT style (305) used a different style manifold than the ones pictured. They are an excellent choice, at least I think they are but can be problematic getting them to clear steering columns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts