S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night a friend of mine wanted a new carrier bearing x-member for his 2003 s10 installed. i was like... sure. he dropped off the truck this morning, then me and my bro started knocking out the rivets that held the old one in place. there was enough room to grind out the bottom 2 rivets, but the top 2 we used a drill. taking it out took about an hour by the time we got the truck up in the air.

making a new x-member was cake. they are so simple. i suggest building your own if you have the tools.

here are some pics of the one we made today. it took about an hour and a half to make this one by hand from scratch.

if anybody wants one let me know. $45.00 shipped is what im asking. they will be all nice and laser cut too. i can have them powder coated black for an extra $10.00. bolts included.

raw with bolts $45.00 shipped
blk with bolts $55.00 shipped

Attachments

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you see the 4th hole where the tubing has been welded? there is a nut on the other side of that plate welded in place... inside the tube. we put it there so you wouldnt have to leave off the 4th bolt.

Attachments

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
Jason, you are the man.....:worship:

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Just an idea man, but I know alot of guys are running a carrier bearing shim to help fix the pinion angle. Maybe you could offer one where the bar sits an inch or two higher so the shim isnt needed.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Damn. Jason never ceases to amaze, heh. That price is like mega low.

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Ok, I know I prob get shot for askin this, But what is the purpose of that? Is it for a 2 peice shaft or one? Looks 2 in the pics. but Not sure. Cuz, If i have to. I will make mine now, cuz i have the truck in the air. Thanks

·
tits, clits or bong hits
884 Posts
drps10 said:
Ok, I know I prob get shot for askin this, But what is the purpose of that? Is it for a 2 peice shaft or one? Looks 2 in the pics. but Not sure. Cuz, If i have to. I will make mine now, cuz i have the truck in the air. Thanks
I 2nd that ?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
ughh... all you damn people that don't know anything post anyway... :p

All ex-cab dimes have a carrier bearing... the x-member it sits on IS lower than the frame, lower on 98+, than on pre-98's. This corrects that.

Jason.. what year trucks is this for?? And does it put the carrierbearing at the stock height?

Also... i'm still tryin to call bout the notches, but the phone number i'm callin doesn't seem to be workin. PM me and let me know details and such and how to contact ya... thx

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
SlammedDime said:
ughh... all you damn people that don't know anything post anyway... :p
LOL no shit. If you've got a 98+ xcab, I'm sure you've noticed the "humps" that hang below the framerails. That is the carrier bearing xmember. 97 down doesn't hang near as low, but they may still hang below the frame.

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
Yea thats the crap with the humps on it. I hate that thing. I was going to just grind or scrape them down. :cool: I think I could try making one... If not, I'll just order one.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Braind3ad said:
Yea thats the crap with the humps on it. I hate that thing. I was going to just grind or scrape them down. :cool: I think I could try making one... If not, I'll just order one.
Grinding the humps down won't work as the whole xmember hangs below the frame. The humps are there to keep from draggin the xmember.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i think the lowest part on my truck is the tranny x member then maybe the gas tank. i have a 94 xcab

1 - 20 of 53 Posts