S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
CANADA SUCKS
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the final stages of getting a ZR2, and i was thinking. im gonna be doing alot of muddin' in this thing, which makes carpet just suck. so my idea was to pull out all of the carpet and fiberglass the floor and finish it in primer black, but i will leave it rough so it isnt slippery when your shoes are wet. i dont want to have a mudstained carpet, and i will also drilll some holes in the floor so i can just hose out the interior. kinda like an old jeeps floor you guys think this will work?

·
CANADA SUCKS
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
then ill go get some wet seats, or just waterproof the ones already in there, and waterproof the electrics too.

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
got any pics of the glassed floor, sounds very interesting to me, my old rubber stock floor thing is wearing out fast. i fugure i could do something nice with a glassed floor. i dont think it would be to much of a pian (except for the sanding).

·
Registered
211 Posts
definitely bedliner the floor.....it is used a lot as you mentioned with jeeps. as far as i think, it's the smart thing to do with an offroading vehicle (if it's used for that). if left rough, provides some grip for the feet when muddy. we rolled some in my buddy's 95 YJ (87-95 Wrangler). one thing to consider is where you will run any wires that may be under the existing carpet. you can buy roll in stuff just about anywhere (walmart, any auto parts store, etc.) really any of it will work great. you're not talking about the same abuse on it you'd expect with a pickup bed. overall good idea!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
You could look into using Herculiner roll on bed liner. I rolled the bed in my '83 C-10 and it works wonders. Awsome grip on that stuff. One thing though, it is some ROUGH SHIOT. I tripped an scraped the ever lovin hell out of myself.

So........maybe that wouldn't be good for the interior lol. :shrug:

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
does that roll in liner conform to the bumbs and hills very easily or do you have to put some elbow into it?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It is just like painting with a normal paint roller.

Some advice though; Wear throw away clothes bc it will get on them an never come off. Do it in a VERY well ventalated area.

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
oh ok, my bad, i picture just this big roll of something similar to skatboard grip tape (but thicker) so its like a pianton vs a "roll" on even though you would use a roller.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It comes in a can like paint. It has little chips of like plastic or somethin in it. It's like REALLY thick paint.

You can use any roller you want, but you'll have to trash it afterwards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts