S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Anybody gotten rid of the computer system, went carburated? What kind of gas mileage decrease is there, and what is your carb set-up with that mileage?
I went with the Edelbrock package and still haven't got it right yet.. I need to go back with the stock roller camshaft , then lean out the carburator... I am using the Edelbrock 500 carb with edelbrock cam and intake package... runs great., but very rich! I have had to sneak it through emmissions twice already... I guess it's time to set things straight with the price of gas and all now... I am purchasing a fuel monitor system by Edelbrock next week and then start working on teh swapping of cams again and leaning out carb.. I will keep you posted after I get it done.. The setup as it is is actually better performing then teh older TBI unbit after it was rebuilt even... I believe I actually had an increase by a couple miles per galon rather then decrease,,,

·
Death before Dishonor
125 Posts
yeah I'm runnin a carb'd 4.3 stock cast intake the only thing comp controlled is the fuel pump and that's not for very long, runnin a rochester 500 4bbl and a holley fuel pressure regulator and it runs pretty damn strong

1 - 6 of 6 Posts