S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of getting a carbon fiber kit for my interior. Any suggestions for a good one? Post some pics if you got'em. I wish a company would make a replacment dash fascia made of carbon fiber instead of the stick on kind but oh well....

L8R

P

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
try dashkit.com ....they have carbon fiber in many dif. colors......i've been thinkin bout gettin a kit but don't have the money right now.....later all

·
1,088 Posts
i forgot they don't have the prices on their page so here is part of the e-mail they sent me........We offer a 9 piece kit for the 98-2001 Chevy S-10 Pick Up. The price is just $185.00 (real wood, solid colors, or syn. brushed aluminum), $145.00 (all synthetic wood products), and $195.00 (all carbon fiber products)....hope this helps

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Real Carbon Fiber

My G-paw owns a parts store and i get stuff from there cheap, sometimes free:thumbup: . Anyway, they can get me a REAL CARBON KIT for under $200 for my 97' And i went to the SEMA show in New Orleans last year and there is actually a company that makes actual replacement pieces for your dash not just the stick-on kind, i'll try to find out what company and let you know.

·
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
97SS-10

Woo hoo! That sounds great! Holla when you find out the manufacturer.

Many thanks

P:D

·
1,088 Posts
xtremer-pxl!?!?!?!

xtremer-pxl.....that looks bad ass......did you install that yourself.....was it the 3-D molded pieces or just the flat pieces......if you did it yourself, how hard and long did it take........any other suggestions would be great also.....thanx

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
it is the molded piece...you couldn't get me to buy the flat pieces...but yea I put it on by myself...it was pretty easy. I look at stock dashes now and wonder how I every went with out it! It came with door pieces and trim for the vent by the glove box door. as for the first gen...just look on their web page to find out.. cuz i am not for sure.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
have you guys seen the synthetic brushed aluminum? what does it look like, does it look like real alum, or just a plain plastic painted gray?

i think it will look good if it looks real.

·
1,088 Posts
I've never seen it installed. Here is site that has the brushed alum and this shows what it looks like installed. Personally I like the carbon fiber more, especially the when they have the dif. colors like they have. I would love to have the money to get the blue or red carbon fiber kit. Anyway. Hope this helps a lil. Later.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
joe_villa said:
have you guys seen the synthetic brushed aluminum? what does it look like, does it look like real alum, or just a plain plastic painted gray?

i think it will look good if it looks real.
A friend got the brush aluminum and I think it looks like a piece of plastic....not very realistic...I would stick with carbonfiber or woodgrain before I went there...just my opinion though...

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you guys want custom cut carbon or maybe even metal works email me. I will put you in touch with a guy who does it. I just don't want to post up his private email.
Stef

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
just saw the synthetic brushed alum pics in the web site, and it does look plastic. oh well, i guess you got to fork out money to get the real stuff.:D

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I took some more pics of my interior...these aren't the best pics but they work...I think it was to cold for my digital camera.

:thumbup:

·
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wish they made those door pieces for those of us without the luxury of Power Windows...:cry:

If I can ever find a junked S-10 with PW, I'll jack it, & maybe some leather seats from a Blazer or Jimmy:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts