S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
layn frame N flyn sparks
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive done it, I finnaly got me a carbon fiber hood. It still needs to be clear coated this weekend but here it is for now.

Jay

·
layn frame N flyn sparks
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
now you can hit deer without worring about your hood getting smashed.
looks cool
just saw that you are not on the mainland, well you wont have to worry about the coconuts putting a dent in your hood.:rolleyes:

·
Aviation Ordnanceman
201 Posts
Hey where did you get that. The only one I can find has the vents in it, I hate that one. I want one that has OEM lines

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
sweet!

·
layn frame N flyn sparks
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hood is a custom made piece, I couldent find a stock replacement either so I did the next best thing and made one.

Jay

·
layn frame N flyn sparks
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It cost me about 80 bucks for the materials and one of the guys from TECH-one (me:D ) did the hood. Its just a carbon sheet laminated to the hood. Its only for the look not the weight savings.

Jay

·
Aviation Ordnanceman
201 Posts
OK cool. I know a few guys that work with CF and Fiberglass. I think I might see if they can do it.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
hey it looks pretty good, truthfully a little ricerish but who cares it looks hot

·
Registered
201 Posts
I dunno if you know jay but theres that speedhawaii charity cruise going on on sunday. meet by titan motorsports around 11am. bring a donation. i think we have about 4-5 trucks coming so far.

jay

·
layn frame N flyn sparks
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This sunday im busy, I have to work on a project that needs to be completed soon.

Jay

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
people around here do that.put carbon fiber vynal[sp] and you can always see where the 2 pieces match up.. like a peak in the hood. imo it looks like ass. better off getting a clear hood ;}.. why put a black colored hood on a white truck .. tear that **** off man your not a ricer your a mini trucker. sheesh:stickpoke

1 - 20 of 29 Posts