S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been doing a crap ton of reading as i want to run a 700r4 behind my 350
anyone know what exactly i need to get the TV cable adjusted properly?
http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/catalog/catalog_inc/viewitem.php?ITEMID=213
im trying to avoid buying this if i can. i hear you can use the stock tv cable and use a "correction" bracket get the tv cable adjusted.
any advice?
obviously buying the bowtie overdrives kit is the best idea but im trying to see if i can get around it. i already know if the tv is improperly adjusted i will burn the trans up.

·
BOUT TIME TO TAKE A RIDE!
1,150 Posts
im using the stock cable on mine ....i just got adjustable holley mount.....i was told to have it on an at wide open throttle you should have a lil play in the tv cable ...an dont forget you have to get a 700r4 lock up kit

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
when i did mine, i used a edelbrock carb and stock tv cable.. i did get that correction bracket which i think was 6o bucks.. could make it for couple bucks outta some metal if you could get dimensions.. but anyways that bracket worked fine for me

·
Registered
118 Posts
i used a mr gasket universal bracket kit and it works great for me.. and i adjusted mine by getting the slack out of the cable then pushing the button on the cable and full throttle on the carb, that will get you pretty close then you can move it a notch at a time to get the feel you want

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
i have the same thing 92, however i'm just not at the stage where the motor and tranny are mated together or id post pics, but i've always just pulled the TV tight and put that as wide-open-throttle, then adjusted it as needed when driving, it's like anything else modified, your going to have to tweak it

and ya, you need to have an adjustible cable or mount... makes things way easier

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
Do I just need one bracket or is there one for the carb and intake or do I just need one
nope just one, goes between carb and intake if you get a plate style, or i think the mr.gasket ones bolt onto the carb intake bolts AFTER the carb is on

couple diff ways to do it

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope just one, goes between carb and intake if you get a plate style, or i think the mr.gasket ones bolt onto the carb intake bolts AFTER the carb is on

couple diff ways to do it
Thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts