S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as i know i have one of the only intakes avalible for the vortec ( marine ). Does anyone know of any other aftermarket intakes?

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
Yes Edelbrock makes one to fit late model heads.And there is one that CFM technologies sales that fits also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FULLTHROTTLE74 said:
Yes Edelbrock makes one to fit late model heads.And there is one that CFM technologies sales that fits also.

Do you know how many RPM's they flow too... cause ive got the marine intake ported to match the heads ( which are ported too). But i need a intake that will flow to 7500 RPM's.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Performer Vortec V6 (idle-5500 rpm)
Based on the powerful Edelbrock #2111, this dual-plane intake is designed for the engine swap market utilizing 1985 & later Chevy 200-229-262 c.i.d. (3.8L & 4.3L) V6 engines with Vortec heads. With this new manifold, rodders can take advantage of the higher flow available with the Vortec head design. Performer Vortec V6 #2114 has provisions for external water bypass and may be used on either Vortec blocks or 1995 and earlier blocks. Designed for use with Edelbrock Performer Series 500 cfm carbs, it accepts late model waterneck, alternator, HEI and air conditioning.

Performer Vortec V6 (non-EGR) ....2114*
Carburetor Recommendations:

Holley #0-8007 (390 cfm) - Ref. A, F, I, K
Performer #1403 (500 cfm) - Ref. A, F, I, K for 4.3L only
Performer #1404 (500 cfm) - Ref. A, F, I, K, O for 4.3L
Installation Notes: Recommended intake gasket: GM 12529196. Manifold height: A-3.50", B-4.18" see manifold selection page. Port exit dimensions: port exit is 2.05" tall with slanted side walls.

Nope it goes to 5500rpm which sucks. Tell me if you find a good intake manifold that goes to 6500-7500. I'm planning on getting a carb intake and getting one of those Holley Comander 950 Multi port EFI kits. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
related to vortec carb intake ques...

I have a 1994 4.3 motor which says vortec on it, but from what I understand its the 85-95 brand of vortecs, not what ppl now refer to the vortecs as from 96- and on...

So I want to convert the 4.3 (1994) from FI to carb, and I ordered the part #2111, is that correct?

In addition, Do you know what HEI vacuum advance distributor will work for this engine? I need any reccomendations you can offer, help Greatly appreciated.

Also, on the pre-96 'vortecs, can I change the valve covers which are currently black rubber and say vortec? Can i buy the regular 4.3 non-vortec Chrome valve covers, or are the valves taller than regular ones? Thanx in advanc e:)

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
CFM tech sells the marine intake you have and also edelbrock like smoeone else said. Just curious, but why do you want/need a 4.3 to spin 7500 rpms?

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Yeah but the only one I could find by CFM tech was cast Iron. Boo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Distributor help for 4.3 conversion to carb

Ok, have a 94 4.3 older style 12 bolt intake vortec and converting it to carb with new intake manifold Edelbrock #2111

Where can I find a DISTRIBUTOR to use for this engine? PLEASE HELP- WHich distrib. can I use and where can I find it? its for coverting a 4.3 to carb.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
MSD pro-billet. Summit has it, I cant remember the number right now, but its almost $300. BUt you also need a msd box with that distributor for it to run.

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
96s10 said:

Nope it goes to 5500rpm which sucks. Tell me if you find a good intake manifold that goes to 6500-7500. I'm planning on getting a carb intake and getting one of those Holley Comander 950 Multi port EFI kits. :)

So you want a set up like my brother?

His set up is so clean and let me tell you guys this, that motor in a reg, cab 1st gen like his if focking quick. as soon the trans goes in 0-60 is going to be nuts. The first time I road in that truck i was telling mine that I want the same motor as his in mine, but after i started to add the parts up I changed my mind too a LS1- T-56.

Oh yea more pics...

Oh yea here is his sig line,
|91 S10 built 4.3L|8.5:1 Wiseco Blower Pistons|Comp 270AHR cam|Comp 1.6 rockers|ported '99 vortec heads|Edelbrock intake converted to MPI|1000cfm Throttle Body|Holley Commander 950 ECU|Hedman Longtubes|5 Speed|Dual Friction|Zexel 3.73 Rear|Hotchkis springs|Beltech spindles|ZQ8 Sway Bars|Accel 8mm Wires|MSD 6AL/coil|March pullies|

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Looks simply awesome, wish I had the skills and available downtime for modifications like that, I bet it screws in a reg cab 1st gen.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
What Commander ECU does he have the 250hp one? Also what distributer is he running? And did he port/polish that intake?

·
Registered
422 Posts
That is a badd ass setup.What is he putting it in to exactly.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
I would love to do that intake setup in my 03. But I dont think Californis smog laws would allow it and I am sure that the engine light will be blowing up

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
96s10 said:
What Commander ECU does he have the 250hp one? Also what distributer is he running? And did he port/polish that intake?

Its the Commander 950 set-up, The TB is 1000CFM. Yes 1000 on a V6:headbang: He is running the stock distributer. And all he did to the intake was clean the runners up with 80 grit.

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
firstgens10 said:
That is a badd ass setup.What is he putting it in to exactly.
91 S-10 reg, cab

Thats a old pic of his truck

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
I just got done talking to my brother and he was talking about going to a different intake set-up, so that means that, the intake that is on the truck right now will be going up for sale if he does change his mind.

I just wanted to tell you guys that just incase you be intereseted about buying it.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
I would seriously be interested. Just wish one of these companies would sell a complete change over kit for these trucks. That way we dont have to spend more time searching for the components. I would even like to go with either a High Rise intake or I remember a company that made custom individual throttle bodies for certain vehicles. I had individuls on my Honda car and it made a HUGE difference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts