1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
What they don't know, won't hurt them!

hehe!!

·
32,797 Posts
It will raise the rate and some companies will not insure it.

Are you just getting liability?
If so, the company never even needs to see the vehicle, they just run the vin# and the vin# says it's a V6. Don't say it's a V8.

If you need to insure the vehicle, do it separately from the liabity insurance. Let the liability insurance people believe it's a V6 and have another company insure the vehicle as it is, with the V8 and make it a "weekend only driver".

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I am going to make my mine my primary driver put the X as being garaged. They never even looked at my X, they think it is a regular s10. but as far as the v8 swap...don't tell them unless they ask!

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
geez, where do people find these threads. this one is almost 4 years old.

don't ask, don't tell.

·
K.L.N. Performance
80 Posts
if every body was honest our insurance woulnt be so high pay them alot and get nothing in return . ins co. suck !!!

·
AVTekk is my HERO
1,232 Posts
FUK insurance all they do is screw us, liability who cares not like they are gonna fix your damn car if you wreck it my v8 s10 is gonna be listed under a v6 what are they gonna do say "well if it was a 6 cyl. he wouldnt have been able to drink and drive" or what because the way I see it insurance companies arent honest with us so i'm not gonna be honest with them

·
Never Been Raced
63 Posts
blaire576 said:
Tell your insurance company the truth. Although no one likes to admit it, people often fudge the truth to get the best rates. For example, they know that the car will be used for work but they tell the insurance company that it will be used for recreational use only. Well, don’t do this because these lies may come back to haunt you. Let’s say that you told the insurance company that you would only use the car for recreation and you have an accident on the way to work or while running a work related errand. Well, your insurance company may conduct an investigation and discover that you typically drive that car to work every day and in turn, they may deny your insurance claim. According to Chris Wright, an insurance claim investigator with CWT Investigations, “Insurance companies rely on claim investigators to turn down claims. In fact, we’re often encouraged to do so. This is because insurance companies expect their customers to be honest and penalize them severely for untruths. This policy saves them millions of dollars a year.” So, be completely honest when you apply for insurance and divulge any pertinent information that the insurance company requests. To see how insurance companies price see http://www.insurancepaylite.com and choose whats best for you.
don't we ALL drive to work. i live 1/4 mile from work and i drive to work. You're saying that makes my vehicle a work vehicle. I would think that would void insurance for most of us. if they don't ask about modifications, i ain't gonna volunteer info. If you changed the size of your tires and wheels do you need to let your insurance company know. what do you let em know and not let em know if they don't ask.

·
Registered
146 Posts
blaire I don't know y your rate hiked but state farm has consistently given my the best rate since I'm 16. I have a 200 4x4 silverado and a 2000 z28 and my rate is considerable better then any competator will give me. I'm more then 2k cheaper then some.

·
Pimpn Trucka - Giza Egypt
136 Posts
in response to a couple people who are complaining about the v6/v8, and the tire sizes. on your insurance slip does it say anything about tire size???? NO. does it say anything about number of cylinders??? yes. therefore if you get in a crash, and you have a v8 in your truck, but its insured as a V6, then the insurance you have doesnt match the specs for your truck. and to the person who said all insurance does is screw us. shaddup. i bet if someone stole your rig and insurance covered a portion of it, you would be singin a different tune now wouldnt you. if you dont like it, then why carry insurance??? OH RIGHT, BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO.............so deal with it then.

·
Registered
475 Posts
blaire576 said:
Tell your insurance company the truth. Although no one likes to admit it, people often fudge the truth to get the best rates. For example, they know that the car will be used for work but they tell the insurance company that it will be used for recreational use only. Well, don’t do this because these lies may come back to haunt you. Let’s say that you told the insurance company that you would only use the car for recreation and you have an accident on the way to work or while running a work related errand. Well, your insurance company may conduct an investigation and discover that you typically drive that car to work every day and in turn, they may deny your insurance claim. According to Chris Wright, an insurance claim investigator with CWT Investigations, “Insurance companies rely on claim investigators to turn down claims. In fact, we’re often encouraged to do so. This is because insurance companies expect their customers to be honest and penalize them severely for untruths. This policy saves them millions of dollars a year.” So, be completely honest when you apply for insurance and divulge any pertinent information that the insurance company requests. To see how insurance companies price see http://www.insurancepaylite.com and choose whats best for you.
exactly, might bite you in the ass in the end

15,113 Posts
every insurance company Ive ever dealt with just goes off the VIN number to get the rate. Even with full coverage they dont care what changes youve made to the vehicle, wheather it be a V8 or 10,000 stereo, all that shit would come under an agreed value policy.

The only things my insurance company cares about is things that make my rates go down, like alarm systems, lojack, etched glass, ect ect.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts