S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BlackSDime
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can i hook up a car stereo amp to my home stereo it has the rca out on the reciver on my home amp but what about the remote? and i have a 15 volt cell phone charger spliced back will that work for the power?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Just take a wire from the 12+ and go to the remote in + you can put a switch on it if you would like for power I would buy a batt charger about the same amp rating as your fuses on your amp then just attach the charger to a lawnmower batt and then your amp to the batt. and you are good to go :D I had it that way in my room for years. anything over 1000Watt you will need a big charger like 225 AMP+ I would not reccomend :)

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Use a volt meter

·
Registered
806 Posts
BrandonPage22 said:
can i hook up a car stereo amp to my home stereo it has the rca out on the reciver on my home amp but what about the remote? and i have a 15 volt cell phone charger spliced back will that work for the power?
All your gonna do it burn the charger up. A cellphone charger puts out milli amps of current, you need something at the very minimum puts out 20 amps constant. Search online and buy a 12v power supply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts