S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im getting new subs today. I already have 2 Clarion 10's running off a 5 channel 550W clarion amp. Im gettin JL audio 10's. The problem was, not enuf power was getting to the clarions, so i went back to the shop and wanted to get a second amp. But instead, the guy told me to get JL subs because they pound way better than clarion on lower power. Has anybody else heard this????

(He's giving me 2 for $300 Canadian, i think this is a pretty good deal)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah... JL's Rule... I had 2 8" w0's until I blew them, so I returned them and now I got 3 8" w6's. They sound great, but the box that came with them doesn't fit (or I don't fit with the box :) , I'm 6'4"), so i'm in the process of building the box. Until I get it built, I'm stuck with my $30 Radio Shack 10" truck box. It doesn't sound bad, but I miss good sounding subs.

DogP

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
i agree with you man, jl audio are the best.....at least, for the price you pay. :D

ive also got two 10wo, ive had them for a year now and they are plenty loud for an x cab, considering i have a small amp. although you should have waited till christmas, i got mine december last year and i got them for $98cdn ea. and i bought a whole bunch of stuff, so the guy cut the tax off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts