S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jesus, this is proving to be impossible. I've been working for nearly 4 hours to try and get my new Zexel Torsen T2 differential in my truck. I got the right axle out, but it still has the drum attached because its literally frozen on there.

But! The entire left axle will NOT COME OUT. Yes the C clip is out and I've The drum is frozen to the axle and the drum won't pull out and away from the pads. I soaked everything in Liquid Wrench with no avail. I've pounded and heated the shit out of it and it still won't pull out. I was planning on going somewhere today, but now my gf has to take me LOL :p .

So is there any secrets to getting these off? I've pried from the dust cover and now its all bent to hell. Somethings gotta work!

·
7 P.S.I. is not enough
294 Posts
loosen the adjestor for the shoes if you can get to it

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
yeah, and bend your axle.

get a mechanic freind to show you how to loosen the shoes. after you get the axle out stand it on the studs, and hammer the drum off

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up getting the tool to adjust the star nut inside. The axle I had problems with was still being a bitch after being adjusted out, so I just pryed it off and a ton of springs came flying out, LOL. But, its back together now. I just gotta get the damn drums off the axles. But its 2am, so I don't wanna wake the neighbors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts