S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've made this thread before but no one ever answers.
in the rear of my truck one of my licence plate lights is out and the lights that stay on when the healights are on are out on the passenger side. When i hit the brake they work, and when i use the turn signal they work also i know they are dual filament and i tried all new bulbs with no sucess. i even got a whole new wiring harness from a friend and that did not work either. does anyone know what else i should try ? i checked the fuses...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just got over the same problem in mine. (try the search feature on this site theres LOTS of answers to this question)

The fix for mine was a new ground strap between the box and frame.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Umm the ground strap I broke was at the front of the box looked kind of like a coat hanger.
I took a piece of 12 guage solid core copper wire about a foot long, crimped a connector on each end and drilled a hole in the box and a hole in the frame I then screwed the new ground strap to the box and frame with self tapping screws. I suppose with a long enough piece of wire you could go all out and run the same wire to the cab as well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
no
Its a simple wire screwed to the box and frame.
I simply said that if you're ambitious you could run it to the cab as well as the box and you'd be grounded better.

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im sorry to keep asking you but screwed to what box? is this a 2nd gen you're talking about?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sorry to sound sarcastic but I broke a shock mount tonight and in a VERY pissy mood, you do own a pickup right?

THE BOX! The thing on the back where you throw your stuff.

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh. my truck has a bed. i dont know about yours. i checked the grounds and they are fine... still no lights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts