S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant find many performance parts on the net for this truck: 1996 gmc sonoma 4.3 vin x manual tranny, standard cab. have any suggestions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are no cat back exhaust systems for my truck. 1996 gmc sonoma 4.3 short bed standard cab 4x4. no headers either

·
Registered
51 Posts
Summit lists a Walker/Dynomax kit for a '95 shortbed.Best thing to do would be call either Summit or Jegs if it's not listed online.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
JBA has headers. took me a LONG time to find them.

·
Registered
610 Posts
just get a muffler and have an exaust place make pipes for you

·
Registered
262 Posts

Crane makes camshafts, hell you can get performance parts from gmgoodwrench.com as well. What about superchargers, vortech, procharger, powerdyne might have something for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
tpprr is right there isnt much available for his truck, especially exhaust because of the 5 speed. I myself have a 97 4x4 5sp np231 std cab short bed chassis: z85. But i still want headers, stupid edelbrock tech guys say the cluch slave is in the way for their headers, funny cause it is on the input shaft not externaly mounted like on older s-10's i myself would appreciate some help finding some hop-ups especially exhaust. se my other post in the exhaust section, Thanks

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
96blazer said:
Catback systems are a waste of money. Just get a muffler and have a muffler shop run the piping.
Its gonna cost ya about the same when ya buy the piping and the muffler and tip.

Muffler - $75-150
Piping, mandrel bent - $100-200
Tip(s) - $40-150

Whereas, I can buy a Gibson catback for $255 and dont have to pay some mechanic to put it on.

·
What da F%*@ is that sh#t
42 Posts
I got mine done for 225. 2.5 pipe 40 series flowmaster, compression bent pipe but no kinks anywhere.

·
32,797 Posts
blacksls00 said:
Its gonna cost ya about the same when ya buy the piping and the muffler and tip.

Muffler - $75-150
Piping, mandrel bent - $100-200
Tip(s) - $40-150

Whereas, I can buy a Gibson catback for $255 and dont have to pay some mechanic to put it on.
Where the hell are you shopping?
You are getting ripped off with those prices. Either you made up those prices to make the catback sound better or some shop or shops figure you don't know any better and want to overcharge you on everything.

Any new name brand muffler is going to cost about $75,
the piping will be around $75-$125,
and tips start at $5. Many times the shops give them for free.

And you Gibson catback is going to be bolted on, whereas the other set up will be welded on, which is much much better. Also, almost all shops give a lifetime garruntee(sp?) on the work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts