S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering if it is possible to make my 2.2 a 4.3, im thinking it is possible to put a 4.3 in it but i dont know if i should or not. i just want some more umph out of my 4 banger. i want my truck to be a little more manly and i just dont know what to do. im not a highly experienced mechanic but i know enough to get around. any ideas?:dunno:

·
xtremefour
1,805 Posts
its the same truck, you can pull the engine and put a 4.3 in but to go through all of that would be a pain in the a$$ and cost you big bucks if your not mechanically inclined. But if you do spend a little more money and do a V8 conversion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
should i go with supercharge? i really dont know, i know how to turn a wrench just fine, buti just dont konwwhat kinda $$ are we talking for v8 conversion

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
LOL, Do a freakin search, this is brought up every other day. Now your question.....go trade in your truck on a V6 S-10 because it will most likely be cheaper.....

V8 swaps can range from apparently 1200 dollars for a carb'd motor to my estimate of parts on an LT1 V8 and T56 of 6500 or so......thats why I'm doing a turbocharger.....more power, cheaper price....and I keep 4 banger fuel economy

Caleb

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats a good idea, i appreciate it but now i need some good turbo charge kits, and i heard that with some kits you lose your a/c

·
-------------------------
1,675 Posts
you might want to do a little more research if you are trying to give your truck a little more balls. there are plenty of threads in this forum that have indepth details on how to do v8 swaps, blowers and turbos.

and one other thing, always do a search before asking any questions, cause some of the members on this site act like as*holes when it comes to asking a question that is asked all the time.

·
Registered
697 Posts
SummerWolf said:
LOL, Do a freakin search, this is brought up every other day. Now your question.....go trade in your truck on a V6 S-10 because it will most likely be cheaper.....

V8 swaps can range from apparently 1200 dollars for a carb'd motor to my estimate of parts on an LT1 V8 and T56 of 6500 or so......thats why I'm doing a turbocharger.....more power, cheaper price....and I keep 4 banger fuel economy

Caleb
hey take it easy on him. like he said, "i'm not a highly experienced mechanic but i know enough to get around." get around where i don't know but i feel compelled to take his word for it now that i read that. besides he's probably some goober with a 4.3L's AE and just talking crap like usual.

now with that said
"i just want to feel a little more like a man when im driving around this 4-banger"
what the hell are you thinking? if you put a bigger motor in your truck you will no longer be driving around in a 4banger.

did you all get your at home diplomas in A/C & Heating and Plumbing Repair when you learned to be a mechanic?

just goofing with you don't take me seriously. :02redxbla

·
Registered
697 Posts
aintskr8pin said:
and one other thing, always do a search before asking any questions, cause some of the members on this site act like as*holes when it comes to asking a question that is asked all the time.
Hush it's no fun if you warn them. :bah:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry about that, i thought i was the only fool that would buy half a truck;) i love the gas mileage but the lack of power is driving me nuts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm an aircraft mechanic as well, glad to see there are others out there who haven't given up on the business. By the way, go for the V8.

·
Registered
389 Posts
One word kng777: TURBOCHARGER!! :D

It will give you all the power you want without the collosal hassle of a 2.2 to 4.3 swap.

The 2.2 is just starting to see a lot of activity with regards to turbocharging.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
and blades just happens to have a kit for sale....1000 bucks takes it I believe, you'll have to double check with him

Caleb

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
if you were to do an engien swap over the SC/TC which blades kit is awesome and bolt on... get the v-8 the conversion cost to go to teh 4.3 is going to be pretty much the same as it is to go to a 350 as you need a complete long block and transmission for either 1

1 - 20 of 44 Posts