S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it is possible to drop a 1st gen s10 Blazer. I want to do a 2/3 or 3/4 and if you can drop a 4x4, how much would a cheap drop kit cost? Thanks...

·
Still 2 High
1,515 Posts
sure you can drop it... anything can be dropped or raised its just all about how you go, for you i'd start with 3 inch blocks for the rear and 2 inch spindles from www.summitracing.com

also try and use the search button for dropping a 4x4

·
Registered
315 Posts
You can drop a 4x4 for really cheap. Go to www.blazinlow.com and do a search for the torsion bar trick. You can get a considerable drop in the front doing that and it costs nothing, then you just need to get blocks for the back ($30). Hope that helps.

--Kevin

·
Registered
315 Posts
Basically nothing. The torsion bar trick can be done yourself that is if you are handy. It involves taking out a cross member and notching it so the torsion bar keys are in a different position so in turn lowering the front. There is also a way to do it by just flipping the torsion key. Just search blazinlow.com in the metal drop and 4x4 sections and you should be able to find out how to do it. Then in the back its just putting the blocks in.

--Kevin

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Dont unwind the torsion bars, reset the key location or flip them, it'll screw the ride up badly, create alot of rebounding and you'll eat upper balls joints. Also rear blocks for lowering on a 4x4 are a no-no, under 4 wheel drive conditions you will eventually snap the center pins off due to the loads differences between the front and rear. Use only drop keys and dearched leafs in the rear. Bravadas and such with there smooth ride suspension are lower by about 2 inches than a standard 4x4, you can use there rear springs.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
to answer simply, yes.
:sheep:

thats about a 2/3. t bar bolt out in the front and 3" blocks in the rear. i got keys to go on in the front just haven't had time to install. those will set the front end on top of the tires :evilg:

you don't want to go with the ghetto t bar trick. your camber will be crazy focked up. i paid $30 for the blocks and $105 for the keys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts