S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a Alpine CDA 7875 and am wondering if i can do this some how i wouldnt think so but somebody said you could.
I need a 2nd 3rd and 4th opinion LOL

·
no more S10...
501 Posts
yes, but you should fuse it. Alpine's with the V-Drive amp need to be wired directly to the battery. Only the constant power should go to battery though, the accesory wire should stay wired where it belongs.

·
Registered
746 Posts
do you mean permanently or just for testing purposes? If you just need to test the unit, then yes......twist the yellow and red wires together, and then touch those to the positive side of hte battery, then the black to the negative side....i wouldn't advise doing it permanently though...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok! now damn it guys lol
WHICH IS IT????????????????????????

·
Registered
746 Posts
SMNW2003 said:
Yes you can do it permanently, there is no harm in doing so as long as the power wire is fused. Leave the accesory wire on the stock harness though. Mine is and it works just fine. You should also consider using a different ground as well
yes if you leave the accessory wire on the stock harness, it will be fine....i dont see the point in running the + wire to the battery though.....unless its the alpine units that require it, you will gain nothing from it:shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts