S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
under construction
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to know asap cause i have 3 in blocks in right now and i wanted to go lower so i bought 2 in blocks . i also wanna know where i can get u-bolts long enough for it . thanks

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
I am very much against stacking blocks. It makes your rear setup very unstable. It is one of the most unsafe things you can do. I dislike that more than even cutting coils. LOL I would either get drop leafs to go with your blocks or pull a leaf.

·
Founding member of DA
5,240 Posts
stacking blocks is a big no no you can always pull a leaf

·
AVTekk is my HERO
1,232 Posts
how low are you shootin for? because like they said stacking blocks is bad, lowering leaf's are only 150 dollars for a set of 2 belltech, that drops it 3"

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Yeah, and the $150 you would spend on the leafs you would probably spend quite a bit of it(probably like $50-$75) on U-bolts big enough to fit 5" of haggard blockage.

·
under construction
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i got some long ass ones right now that would fit it ?? and how can a block fall off if they have pins on the top , cause me and a buddy of mine who is a former mini trucker were talking about it and we think there can be nothing wrong with it if it was done correctley . so i dunno tell me what ya think , thanks for the replys

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
i got four 12" u bolts made at a local metal shop for $30 n made some 4.5" blocks
are those aluminum or what? maybe just weld em together or just get leafs n 2"blocks

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
think of your axle sitting 5" off of the leaf spring on metal thats like 2" wide and its not even one solid piece...and think of things shifting around and becoming unstable

·
Primed And Ready
345 Posts
u could get them welded togetehr, but i would just use the 3 inch block , pull a leaf and use drop shocks , same drop as u want and safer :)

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
I have 3" blocks and mono leafed and I tuck tread on 215/60/15 tires and have another inch to go,.. jus tpull your other leaf,.. trust me,... stacking will own your ass.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
SoCal Love It said:
well i got some long ass ones right now that would fit it ?? and how can a block fall off if they have pins on the top , cause me and a buddy of mine who is a former mini trucker were talking about it and we think there can be nothing wrong with it if it was done correctley . so i dunno tell me what ya think , thanks for the replys
Yeah, that former mini trucker status goes a long way.

I will tell ya that it's stupid to weld blocks together or even to stack them. Not to mention, each inch of block pushes your leaf springs closer to the ground subjecting them to catching on things. There's NO correct way to stack blocks.

SoCal Love It said:
how can a block fall off if they have pins on the top
If that's the only basis of your arguement, you have never seen pins fail. I have seen it on many a drop block.

Tell ya what, stack your blocks, but when your truck breaks or you cause an accident because of it, I'm gonna laugh at your ass.

·
'95 Dime
557 Posts
Southern said:
Yeah, that former mini trucker status goes a long way.

I will tell ya that it's stupid to weld blocks together or even to stack them. Not to mention, each inch of block pushes your leaf springs closer to the ground subjecting them to catching on things. There's NO correct way to stack blocks.

If that's the only basis of your arguement, you have never seen pins fail. I have seen it on many a drop block.

Tell ya what, stack your blocks, but when your truck breaks or you cause an accident because of it, I'm gonna laugh at your ass.
and I'll want pics..

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Only a dumbass would stack a block . Would you live in a house with blocks stacked and no mortar holding them , same thing here . Go ahead and do it , just hope the insurance company covers dumbass mistakes ..

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
_juice_ said:
are those $90 a piece or $90 for both? it says sold in pairs so im gessing maybe it's $90 for both?
I havnt bought from them but it does say sold in pairs, im gunna say 99% sure that its $90 for the bouth.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts