S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this post on another site and no one had replied to it. I know someone here can help her out with these questions.....

okay i'm planning on getting air bags for my truck. theres a kit thats all chrome on the back page of mini truckin i was wanting to get. so my questions are....

1. whats the difference between having 2 tanks and 1 tank?
2. can i use the ES1000 on/off road shocks or can i just use no shocks and how will affect my ride by not using shocks?
3. can the tanks be welded in?
4. cutting around the wheels... how much is nessesary?.. where? and how it will affect the placement of everything in the engine compartment... or even if it does?
5. i can cut but i don't know exactly how to put the bags on... how much does installation cost?
6. is it safe to still use the truck for hauling things?
7. does it take anything away from truck.. power, control?
8. how do they react and what wears quick, things i should replace if any?

bascially i don't know much about them so anything at all would help so so sooooooo much. i don't want to mess up my truck by making it a peice of crap trying to do this? i just got the truck 3 months ago its a 01 and i couldn't decide what height so i just chose bags. i'll be paying it off for the next 5 years so i want it to still work far after that. anything would help. thanks.

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
sweetbutxtreme said:

-1 Tank will probably get your truck up to ride hieght (pending size) 1 tank probably = 1 compressor. 2 tanks will allow you to play with ride hieght more often, more air on demand. 2 tanks = 2 compressors (pending size, each compressor will fill x # gallon tank in how ever many minutes)
2. can i use the ES1000 on/off road shocks or can i just use no shocks and how will affect my ride by not using shocks?
-you want shocks, most quality kits will come with shocks and relocators. check air ride and air lift kits.
-tanks should have mounting brackets, i'm sure these could be welded, but why go through that, bolt them, there not gonna move.
4. cutting around the wheels... how much is nessesary?.. where? and how it will affect the placement of everything in the engine compartment... or even if it does?
-cutting, link set up- your gonna have to, they have directions, front-"eye browing the frame around the coil pocket will allow room for the front bags to not rub the frame. all front's should be cleaned up some company's say no, but why not be safe. cutting wheel wells, depends on tire size, how low your looking to go, not always nesseccary.
5. i can cut but i don't know exactly how to put the bags on... how much does installation cost?
-if you can cut and weld, and read directions your safe, its pretty straight foward and like i said, go with a good name and they should have good directions/customer service.
pends how much your halling, size bags, link set up.
-could be a little bouncy at times, i don't have bags, but i'm sure you could ask around.
-wear-tires up front maybe, just keep a constant ride height, air lines may go or fittings, valves can wear through time, lots of varables.

·
For Sale
190 Posts

it depends on what kind of kit you want and how big of a tank you want. Most people have 1 big tank tho. ( 5- 7 gallon )

Your gunna wanna get new shocks with more travel and that can compress to a really small size for more play with the bags.

If you weld your tank in, i hope thats the tank you wanna keep for a while, you can mount the tank under the bed or you can keep it up top in the bed. Id tell you to mount it all under the bed.. looks really clean that way.

cutting depends on the tire size, and depends if you wanna relocate alot of stuff under the hood, u can lay frame without cutting anything out, just have to have lower profile tires 40 series will work well on 17" rims

If you dont know anyone, and you have them order all the stuff or make the mounts w/ a link its gunna run around $3500 complete with 4 valve 3/8 lines 2 small compressors a 5-7 gallon tank- new shocks in back - all wire'ing - gauges - and switch box..

Once you bag your truck you will be able to haul w/ no problems.

your rear end will loose some weight, so you lose just a little traction. nothing much tho.

Keep everything under eye, and it shall be fine for a long time- just make shure if you have someone install it for you- that they are known for good work - pay for the goods or else you'll be paying a lot extra for fix-ups

hope i helped yah any.. let me know if u have n e other Q's

:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts