S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally figured out that what I though was the a/c acting up is the converter locking and unlocking when the a/c is on, the truck jerks while cruising in second and third. It also used to do that in 3rd gear all the time before I switched to synthetic fluid. I had it in 4 dealerships for this and they never figuered it out. Can I put a switch on the TCC harness to turn it off in city driving or does anyone make one? I have the 4L60E. Ive seen a converter switch for the 700R4.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
its possable but the problem arises that the tranny doesnt get enough cooling with it off all the time. if you wanna risk that you can wire a toggle switch to the switch for it on the break pedal. there should be two switches on the pedal one is for the breaklights and the other is for the lockup/cruise cancel.

·
Registered
102 Posts
the only tc switch i know of will keep the converter locked. I have yet to find a way to keep it unlocked

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does this problem only occur when the A/C is on? If so (just a hunch) maybe the PCM doesn't know the A/C is on. Bad wire maybe? The PCM is supposed to monitor whether or not the A/C is on. That's one of the deciding factors of whether or not to lock the TCC.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Actually the PCM tells the a/c compressor to engage or not.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. Only when the a/c is on and only in third.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts