S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
baggin' in
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad bought me a code dector from walmart! I don't know if these things accually work, but it did shoot a code, code 32, and it said it was a bad EGR so I replaced the EGR and that didn't fix the problem, but it also said it was a bad EMC...so can anyone tell me what the ECM does, how hard it is to replace, I think its located by the glove box, but where by the glove box how hard is it to get to...thanks a bunch

Jesse :shrug:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
electronic control module- i think it contorls all the interior lights circuts (guage cluster, power windows. etc)

·
Registered
697 Posts
engine control module.

·
baggin' in
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doesnt control the EGR because its telling me that that and my egr are bad...through some type of scan tool thing... thanks

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
that means you have an EGR problem.....go to advance and buy an EGR...

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
EGR= Exhaust Gas recirculate (or something like that) it shoots air into the exhaust to dilute it for emissions

Caleb

·
Registered
109 Posts
it could be the egr valve or it could be clogged up, most of the time, they are clogged up, take some throttle body cleaner (it's more sensor safe then carb cleaner) and clean it the egr valve and where it hooks up on the manifold. All it does is take some exhaust, and dumps it into your intake to burn it again. As far as your ecm goes, that's the computer that controls all of the aspects of your engine, also known as the pcm. Good luck in fixing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts