S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody PLEASE tell me what size the fuel pressure schrader test valve is for the 96 to 97 2.2 is????? Or where I can get one specifically for the 96 and 97 2.2. All of the 94 to 95 use the same little metal one as all of the other gm cars and trucks. Every 98 and up I find is also using the small metal schrader valve on the fuel lines to test the pressure. Why in the hell did they use this BIGGER plastic one for those two years? Chevy dealer cant tell me squat, ditto with NAPA, autozone, oreillys, and advance auto parts. Tried the snap on guy, and another tool company -clayton tool, i think. Also went to clark tool which is a really awesome tool store here locally and still nothing. GM is such a bunch of TOOLS.

·
Registered
355 Posts
im not exactly sure what your talking about i think i do but then i double guess myself then think i dont. to be clear you got a pic you can post. also did you try eBay you can get most parts from a guy named S10warehouse there that sells parts fairly priced. keep us updated id like to know how that turns out for ya.

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Usually in chilton's they will list part#'s for tools or adaptors as they discuss procedures.Gm has to have an adapter of some sort you can buy because you generally can buy from goodwrench any tool the gm mechanics use on any vehicle.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Go to www.otctools.com and talk to their tech support. Just tell them what you got and what you want and they will help you. I got mine for my 2000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts