S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i am going to bd my 85 s10 soon and im wondering how to do a sfbd i no how to do an old school bd but im not lookin for that its too sloppy i want a sfbd and i dont no ne thing about how to do it ive heard this talk about 2x3x1/4 tubing but idk if u notch the frame and put that in to reinforce it or u cut from and put that in its place can some one help me wit this

danny

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Well, on S10s, you can just SF the cab, and regular the bed... and raise the floor enough to clear the differential and whatnot, so you wont have a gigantic hole in it. But, there was a thread here recently comparing the different size box tubing, and 3x3x1/4" was definately HELLA stronger than 2x3x1/4". That's what Slammy uses on his trucks, as well as others, and AFAIK, they've never had one fuckup. A Stick (20ft) of 3x3x1/4" will probably run you 50-60 bucks, depending on where you live and where you buy it from. That's enough to do the cab. Basically, you just put the new box tubing where the old frame was and weld back on the body mounts, etc.. it's a lotta work. You're gonna wanna take the cab off. You could just slide the box tubing inside the factory framerails, once you cut it open to fit it in there, and weld it in place, once you get the box tube cut to fit in there. Once it's welded in, cut the top part of the frame off. Less chance of fuckup there, I suppose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats wut i was gonna do wit the bed cus its easier that way and i saw this pic on here where this guy did the same thing u said wit the tubing and he did a tranny cross member thing now what was that for, plus i was thinking if i do that wit the cab wont the tranny and all get in the way how do i fix that, wut do i do wit the radiator support.

danny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts