·
Lets try this again...
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Lets try this again...
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sooooo much 97 S-10 on 18's!!!!!!!! Thats exactly what i was looking for! Thanks alot man!!

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
If you figure out how to wire up that mother f*ucker let me know brotha, LOL, I cant tell how quick I'm going at night

·
Registered
75 Posts
did you run the power to the headlight switch wire? back when I had mine it said do not wire it like that. as long as its got power I dont see why it wont come on and ground as well, make sure its a good ground. use a test light to check it, good luck

:sheep:

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
97 S-10 on 18's said:
did you run the power to the headlight switch wire? back when I had mine it said do not wire it like that.
I think my instructions were translated by a 10 year old Korean boy because it keeps talking about "light of electro illumination" and about 65% of it makes no sense whatsoever. I got pissed off and quit because it was cold as hell, never even thought about the headlight switch. I do have a red and black wire comming off the body of the gauge, I can only assume its a power and ground but it says to hook it up on the left side of the dash :confused:

I'm gonna spend some time on it tomorrow, any more help is greatly appreciated (I'm doing a how-to for anyone else as well lol)

·
Registered
75 Posts
ok sorry to hear about the instructions remember DONT hook it up to the headlight switch, I was told it will burn the harness up, I dont know how true that is but im not about to take the chance. Just run the power cable to a fuse in the fuse box that comes on when the lights are on (tail lights, headlights) something like that I had mine like that and it worked fine but the transformer box melted somehow so now I dont use it. I have the same problem as you, cant see how fast im going at night hope this helps

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
It's too hard to try and look in the fuse box, and I'm late for getting drunk. I'm not Mr. Electrician, do I just put a spade connector on the wire and feed it to the headlight fuse? I've never messed with one before and it'd be easier if I could see inside

·
Registered
75 Posts
ok when you open the fuse panel, theres a diagram on the back of the panel, just follow that and look for something that goes on with the headlight, or parking lights, I just ran the wire straight to the fuse panel and plugged the fuse back in over it, probably not the best thing to do. The fuse panel is right there when you open the drivers door, that little door like thing, just pop open the panel and theres the fuses. Good luck, let us know whats going on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts