S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Shade Tree Pimpin'
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one tryed to take there smog shit out i have 01 4.3 blazer dont jsut tell me to take it out i know it will run like shit ne one have ne ideas

·
Breakin shit
651 Posts
why take it off? it doesnt use any horse power and its not hurting anything

·
Shade Tree Pimpin'
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i can get rid of 100000 extra hoses under my hood and a nasty smog pump

·
Breakin shit
651 Posts
i guess it would be cooler to drive around with with a service engine soon light, you will need to have computer reprogrammed to keep the light off

·
Breakin shit
651 Posts
i found out on my own you can too,thats why i didnt waste my time removing it its not that noticeable and it aint doing anything to hurt performance

·
Registered
591 Posts
brokeitagain said:
i found out on my own you can too,thats why i didnt waste my time removing it its not that noticeable and it aint doing anything to hurt performance
ya your a real help

·
Shade Tree Pimpin'
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blah i know about the reprogram but i took me engine light out many moons ago and i was wonder is any on has done it RIGHT

·
Breakin shit
651 Posts
i have the manifolds to do it (no air pump connection) will sell cheap

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
brokeitagain said:
i have the manifolds to do it (no air pump connection) will sell cheap
You don't need those to remove the air pump. All you need is a couple of plates that can easily be made with parts from the home depot. I didn't think the 2001's had air injection though, just egr. To remove the egr, just unplug the valve, you can leave the valve, and egr hose in place and you don't have to worry about blocking any thing off, and if you change your mind later you can easily re-enable it.

Removing the cat, egr, and air injection systems will make the ses light come on, but will not affect the way the engine runs. A computer tune would keep the ses light away.

And to the original poster, your spelling and grammar are atrocious.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Removing the cat On a newer motor like that will make it run like shit unless you have the 02simulator on there . The OBD2 systems have to have that , My other truck went down to like 10 mpg and ran like shit , I replaced the cats and all was fine , and it will get worse ... So check your info on that crap . Ask anyone who knows about the newer systems .

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
95projectS-Dime said:
Removing the cat On a newer motor like that will make it run like shit unless you have the 02simulator on there . The OBD2 systems have to have that , My other truck went down to like 10 mpg and ran like shit , I replaced the cats and all was fine , and it will get worse ... So check your info on that crap . Ask anyone who knows about the newer systems .
I guess i don't know any thing about the newer systems:rolleyes:

It will run just fine. The rear o2 sensors don't affect fueling in any way. If your truck ran poorly you had other problems.

Also, no need for a simulator. I just turned the codes off in the computer with tuner cat. I get 20mpg at a minimum, 26mpg at 60mph.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Ok what the **** ever dumb shit . Go try it and you will see . No other problems with the damn truck , it was 2 days old and the only code was the CAT. I REPLACED THE CATS AND ALL RAN PERFECT AGAIN , the rear sensor does more than fueling , it also tells if the cat is doing its job and what not . So go read a book or get some hands on with these systems and then try to post about it ok ...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
95projectS-Dime said:
Ok what the **** ever dumb shit . Go try it and you will see . No other problems with the damn truck , it was 2 days old and the only code was the CAT. I REPLACED THE CATS AND ALL RAN PERFECT AGAIN , the rear sensor does more than fueling , it also tells if the cat is doing its job and what not . So go read a book or get some hands on with these systems and then try to post about it ok ...
You must have had a clogged cat :rolleyes:

:haha: :rolleyes: The rear sensor has absolutley no affect on the way the engine runs at all!!! Good lord :rolleyes: The rear sensor has nothig to do with fueling, just the front 2 (or 3 depending on year) It is only there for emmissions reasons..Most SES lights will not affect the running of the engine. The cat is not necessary on the truck at all, except for you tree hugging hippies.

And the fact of the matter it, that rat knows more about the way the OBDII systems and 4.3 computers work, than you could in a life time :haha:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Like I told the other idiot , I could care ****ing less what you say , I know this from experience myself , no clogged cat , the back O2 sensor has alot to do with how it runs and IT DID MAKE IT RUN LIKE SHIT < GOD DAMN I DROVE THE ****ING TRUCK < I SHOULD ****ING KNOW > I could care ****ing less what you say about it , i was ther you was not . So how the **** would you know what went on . So if youy want to pretend you know about it then by all means go the **** ahead and pretend damnit ..

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
18,047 Posts
:D :screwy: :blah:

Yup, thats what Im telling you. You dont have a clue what your talking about. Every single OBDII vehicle is the same, the post cat o2 sensors have nothing to do with the way an engine runs, never have never will. All they are there for is to tell the computer that the catalytic converter is doing its job, no more, no less. Emissions, thats it.

Based on the feedback from the upstream oxygen sensor the ECM makes fine adjustment to the air-fuel mixture to further reduce emissions.
There is another, secondary (downstream) oxygen sensor installed after catalytic converter in the exhaust that monitors catalytic converter's efficiency. And nothing more.

OBDII monitors misfires, converter efficiency, catalyst heater (if used), the evaporative system, air injection system (if used), fuel trim, oxygen sensors, exhaust gas recirculation (if used), secondary air system (if used), the coolant thermostat (starting in 2000), positive crankcase ventilation system (starting in 2002) and even the A/C systems on some 2002 and newer vehicles.

If a situation develops in any of these monitored systems that could cause a real or potential emissions problem, OBDII will watch it, set a code and eventually illuminate the MIL. Some codes take time to mature and will not turn on the MIL lamp immediately. OBDII may wait until it detects the same problem on two separate drive cycles before it converts a pending code into a mature code and turns on the MIL.

However, most emissions related problems will not effect how the engine runs.

have a nice day :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
No matter what I still dont see why you want to f**k up a perfectly good running truck when the gains are tiny and the headache is so huge.

Rob

1 - 20 of 40 Posts