S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Quick question: I'm new to the S-10-owning world, and I was wondering if it's possible to put a 350 into a 96 Blazer. The engine bay looks entirely too small to me, and I always get scraped up when I working in there because everything is so cramped, yet, I see this category called 'V8 Discussion.'
Could someone please inform me?

Thanks,
Joe.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Yes it is feasable.

but you are right it will be hard to work on. A few ppl have lt1's in the newer trucks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Definitely possible. If done carefully and with some thought, it can be easier to work on than a 4.3L. I have more room now than I did before.

Sam
96 S10 w/LT1

·
Registered
21 Posts
a 4.3 is a 5.7 with 2 cylinders chopped off. Itll fit, its been done before and will be done again. My dad wants to drop a 5.7 into his fiero :D Now that would be a wild ride!

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
98ZQ8Sonoma said:
a 4.3 is a 5.7 with 2 cylinders chopped off. Itll fit, its been done before and will be done again. My dad wants to drop a 5.7 into his fiero :D Now that would be a wild ride!
If you can keep it on the ground! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Southern said:

If you can keep it on the ground! :D

True, but i've seen fieros with the Lingenfelter LS1!!! Now thats asking for it. And by it i mean speeding tickets, replacing the tires every half a year, and maybe an accident or two :D

·
Ranger Member
41 Posts
98ZQ8Sonoma said:

True, but i've seen fieros with the Lingenfelter LS1!!! Now thats asking for it. And by it i mean speeding tickets, replacing the tires every half a year, and maybe an accident or two :D
A guy that works right next door to my shop has a Fiero with a Northstar V-8 in it. He never gets on it though,wonder why:D

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
a friend of mine has one of those and it is fun getting on the interstate @ about 120 mph. i keep waiting for his to sprout wings and fly off

·
Registered
287 Posts
My cousin helped a guy put a 350 horse carbed 350 in his fiero. Also swapped in a 5 speed manual for the 4. Going uphill in 3rd gear on dry pavement with good tires, he got the ass end to creep out just by putting it about 3/4 of the way down. The crazy thing is that the crank pulley sits in the passenger side wheel well! It's just an awesome machine.

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts