S-10 Forum banner

Can i get some ideas on raising the driveshaft brace

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
First truck build attempting to have lay out..first thing to hit is the driveshaft brace. How do I not f up my driveshaft angle raising the brace? Some pictures of some setups would be awesome. And yes the driveshaft is just sitting there lol thanks in advance
Automotive tire Tire Hood Motor vehicle Wood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

See less See more
#3 ·
You’re probably gonna have to blow those 8 rivets out and make one, it’s two flat plates for the sides and a square bar....1.5”x1.5”x.25” wall I think, been awhile. Use the stock one as a template for the holes on the sides and you should be good.

#7 ·
I have the raised crossmember I'm probably not going to use, since I got a reg cab to lower and raised my xcab back to stock.

#14 ·
it’s not perfect but you get the idea. You are cutting a significant amount of strength out of the middle so 3/16” plate is the minimum that should be used to cover it.
View attachment 358875
Replacing a tubular cross section member with a flat plate - It's not a solution I'd use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.