S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S10 ext cab 2.2 auto
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Kenwood today but can’t figure out why the head unit’s trim piece isn’t fitting. I have left it off for now but is this normal for this truck? I don’t like how I can see the metal cage that would normally be hidden by the trim piece, but the dash bezel sits so close to the radio on the edges that the trim piece doesn’t fit. There is plenty of room above and below the radio but the width on the sides is what’s keeping it from going on. I’ve seen blazers that have a big spacer that pushes the radio outward so it would work and I would rather have that.

The truck’s stock radio is a double din size and I added a single din Kenwood with the Metra 99-2003 install kit.

Any insight? 03 S10 that came stock with the RDS double din radio

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The double DIN opening is narrower than the 1.5 of the older 98-02 trucks. If you're set on having the single DIN the 1.5 bezel will directly replace your bezel and you should be able to sell off the double DIN bezel for $$$

·
Registered
2003 S10 ext cab 2.2 auto
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it to work. I was mistakenly using the metal cage the radio slips into, instead of using the ISO DIN brackets mounted directly to the side of the radio. Fits perfectly and is hidden now. I would rather have the trim piece that comes with the radio itself, but this is almost as good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts