S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a1999 s10 regular cab with the 2.2l the only performance thing ive done is a flowmaster wxhaust.. i want to do something to set me apart form tis other s10 that thinks its [email protected]$$ eventhough i have beeten it like 7 times in a race but anyways i think a performance cm would do it i want to know besides new gaskits the cam and lifters would i ned and also what would i need to do to the computer to get it to run right i was thinkin bout gettin a fairly big one to maby make it lope a little like a riugh idle kind of thing i hope you guys can give me somekind of feed back anything is apperciated

·
child at heart
1,546 Posts
what ever happened to teaching grammar in school? christ!

·
New Old Timer
378 Posts
Import Performance Parts (IPP): http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/ippwebcam-cavalier2.html has what they say are billet forgings, but they are actually cast steel, but that is good enough for these applications. A couple of people on J-Body.org have reported that they are decent.

I prefer to design my own from a manufacturers master lobe profiles. I've gotten very good reports from those who have used my profiles. Regrinds are the least expensive ($150 typically + S&H), but require either a usable cam core or having you truck/car down while the cam is out getting reground (usually about a week). Regrinds are also limited on the amount of lift and moving of the lobe centers, but I can still get some really good cams from a regrind.

Crane did the regrind five years ago,that I'm running now. It's a single pattern design on stock lobe centers. On my N/A motor it's better than the stock cam, but kind of flat compared to my designs. It has a moderate lope to it, but the PCM isn't tuned. They should have tightened up the lobe centers for a better performing cam. The stock L/Cs are so wide it's killing the response on a N/A motor. It would work great in a turbo motor though.

I have another regrind that was done through Jones Cam Design, it's a radical grind that requires aftermarket valve springs and tuning. I need to do it soon, my timing chain doesn't have much longer before it lets go. Maybe between Christmas and New Years, I've got a week off then. I will also be putting on my new head with the L92 valve springs, +1mm valves, surfaced .035" and my own P&P job. I will have to make arrangements with my buddy up in Jax to come down and tune the motor. This motor will definitely have a lope to it.

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
I would recommend just doing couple basic external bolt on before going with Cam.

However, if you want to get serious about getting 2.2 moving quick, look into doing boost and that will set you apart from others. :cool:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what ever happened to teaching grammar in school? christ!

seriously... if you dont got anything on topic to say then dont post a reply anything on the f***ing topic......

·
Registered
12 Posts
i agree wit the grammer thing i could hardly understand what u were saying

·
I'm the asshole
246 Posts
grammer is mucho importante! how are we supposed to help you if we can't understand what your saying?

·
2.2 Extremist
4,310 Posts
Import Performance Parts (IPP): http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/ippwebcam-cavalier2.html has what they say are billet forgings, but they are actually cast steel, but that is good enough for these applications. A couple of people on J-Body.org have reported that they are decent.

I prefer to design my own from a manufacturers master lobe profiles. I've gotten very good reports from those who have used my profiles. Regrinds are the least expensive ($150 typically + S&H), but require either a usable cam core or having you truck/car down while the cam is out getting reground (usually about a week). Regrinds are also limited on the amount of lift and moving of the lobe centers, but I can still get some really good cams from a regrind.

Crane did the regrind five years ago,that I'm running now. It's a single pattern design on stock lobe centers. On my N/A motor it's better than the stock cam, but kind of flat compared to my designs. It has a moderate lope to it, but the PCM isn't tuned. They should have tightened up the lobe centers for a better performing cam. The stock L/Cs are so wide it's killing the response on a N/A motor. It would work great in a turbo motor though.

I have another regrind that was done through Jones Cam Design, it's a radical grind that requires aftermarket valve springs and tuning. I need to do it soon, my timing chain doesn't have much longer before it lets go. Maybe between Christmas and New Years, I've got a week off then. I will also be putting on my new head with the L92 valve springs, +1mm valves, surfaced .035" and my own P&P job. I will have to make arrangements with my buddy up in Jax to come down and tune the motor. This motor will definitely have a lope to it.
When you get this radical job done let me know, I wanna check it out and if I got funds, may have ya get me one also,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts